Chapter 1

I am fair, loyal and wise. Once I was betrayer, then I was a kind and generous leader. Who am I? (See the end of the chapter for answer.)

Lucy slipped down the stairs and entered the kitchen. The day had been long and extremely taxing on the mind. When she had emerged from the Platform 9 and 3/4 entrance she had been immediately embraced by her brothers, sister, and mother, but while they greeted her, all she could think about was that they were her half siblings.

How would they react to learn that she was only a their half sister? That she had a different father? How would she tell them? Should she tell them? Would they still love her the same? These questioned plagued her mind until she felt she was ready to burst. She quickly made an excuse of being tired and retreated to her room for the rest of the day.

When midnight struck and Lucy's mind was still being tortured, like a cat playing with a mouse in its paws, she quietly found her way to the kitchen.

"Lucy" a voice spoke causing Lucy to jump and wip around. A figure pulled from the shadows that clung to him and stepped into the kitchen's light.

"Ed. You scared me!" Lucy forced a laugh.

"You didn't always keep secrets; not from your siblings at least."

Lucy flinched at the word siblings.
"What is it that you're hiding Lu?" Edmund questioned her.

Lucy avoided his gaze. "Peter and Susan, have they noticed?" Lucy asked him.

"Peter with his fights, and Susan her parties. They've both been a bit too occupied with distracting themselves so they haven't yet noticed. What's going on Lucy?"

"Will you promise not to tell, or to think less of me?" Lucy was still avoiding eye contact.

"Yes" Edmund swore in a heartbeat. Lucy sighed, before leading him outside to the back porch. She sat on the swing and for a moment just enjoyed being in the moonlight before speaking.

'I'm not your sister. Not a full blooded sister at least. I'm only a half sibling to you, Pete, and Su.....I have a different father, you see."

"Lu-" Edmund began but Lucy continued.

"The man that visited Mom, he's a professor at my school, and a wizard. He's my father...that's why, that's why I've been so distant; how could you love me like you did before when-"

"Oh Lu," Edmund cut her off and enveloped her into his arms, "How could I ever think, care or love you any less? Even if we weren't related by a single drop of blood, we would still be siblings at heart and I'd love you just the same. So would Peter and Susan."

"Please don't tell them though." Lucy pleaded as she wiped away a tear and sniffed.
Edmund nodded and then embraced her once again.

"Thanks Ed."

Answer to the Riddle. Edmund Pevensie. King Edmund the Just.