Chapter 8

Saturday 12:00pm
(same day as last chapter)

As Lucy skipped towards the feasting room for lunch Lucy came across 2 boys, one a 7th year Ravenclaw and the other a 3rd year Slytherin, discussing something in particular that interested her.

"I heard that Professor Stavish resigned. Who's going to be in charge of the Fencing Club now?" the younger posed the question before the elder.

"I've spoken with Headmaster Dumbledore. Professor McGonagall will be the professor that monitors the club, but I'll be the one who's actually managing it." The older boy informed his junior.

"Can I join?" Lucy inquired. The boys turned towards her.

"You must be joking. Fencing isn't some game. It's serious work that takes strength. It isn't a game for little girls, so go play with your toy dolls." The Slytherin  retorted.

Lucy's smile diminished slightly. Although Peter was the one who would get in scuffles because of teachers, students, and others in general's disrespect and disregard of him, it irked all of the Pevensie siblings quite a bit. It didn't vex Lucy nearly as much as arrogant, prideful people who disregarded others, but it still irritated her a fairly large bit.

Lucy turned her eyes towards the Ravenclaw and looked at him expectantly.

The elder boy sighed. "I'm sorry, but he's right. Sword play isn't for little girls."
With that the two walked away leaving Lucy quite displeased.

"Very well then." Lucy muttered before heading for Professor McGonagall who was a bit further up the hall.

"Excuse me, Professor McGonagall. I heard that you were in charge of the fencing club. I was wondering if I might join."

McGonagall studied her a moment. "Very well. If you're sure. The fencing club will be meeting today at one in the afternoon in a small building east of the Quidditch Pitch."

"Thank you."