Chapter 18

Edmund read Lucy's letter. He was glad she had decided to tell Susan and Peter about her true father. He was a bit alarmed that she told the man about Narnia, but he trusted Lu's judgment. Ed took out a quill and ink Lucy had given him for his last birthday from Diagon Ally.

As Edmund began to respond to Lucy, in Trescript of course, the door to the bedroom swung open. Peter shut the door behind him and plopped down onto his bed. Noticing the quiet owl, Ellie, his frown turned to a smile.

"Anything for me Ed?" Pete asked.
"Sorry Peter, not this time." Ed glanced up to smile apologetically, him smile slightly wavered at the sight of a new bruise on Peter's cheek.

Peter had been fighting again, and had done so when he hadn't been there to protect him! However, Ed didn't voice any of this. He merely shook is head and turned back to the letter. Peter stood and looked over Edmund's shoulder.

"Trescript?" Peter wondered.
"Yes" Ed ignored the unspoken question.

"Why not Sarscript?" Peter inquired.

"Because it isn't for you to know." Edmund continued writing.

"Will I ever know?" Peter questioned as he laid back down on his bed.
Ed nodded.
"When?"
"Christmas time I imagine."
"So its a surprise gift?"

"It will certainly be a surprise." Ed responded as he gave his letter for Lucy to Little Ellie.

Lu      

 Peter is still getting into fights, but besides that I am well. I am glad that you have decided to tell Su and Pete about It and I remind you that I love you no matter what, as do Pete and Su.                  Your Just Brother

Edmund 

Lucy smiled. Ed always knew just what to say.