Chapter 20

The train ride to the station was over too soon for Lucy and she was quickly embraced by her family. The car ride home as well. Once everyone entered the house, Lucy took a deep breath. "Everyone, if you would all come to the sitting room, I have something to tell you."

Susan and Peter were curious and wondering as they sat down on the sofa. Helen seemed to have guessed what she was going to say. Edmund, who already knew what was going on, sat down on a chair next to Lucy.

"I'm not fully related to you." Lucy drew out.

"What?" Susan and Peter asked in unison, confused.

Lucy glanced at Edmund, who took the cue, "Lu means that she is only related to us through one parent, mom."

Susan's expression of shock as she comprehended what had been said was mirrored by Peter as he did the same.

"How?" Susan breathed out.

"I think I'd better explain," Helen took over, "Long ago, I got married to Henry Pevensie and we had three kids. At that time, we were not happily married. Henry was constantly working, and I felt that he loved his job more than me, or our kids.

"I had Milly, the girl down the road, babysit the children I had and left to clear my head after a rather trying spat. I wandered around and ended up at a park. I sat down on a bench and it was there that I met a man named Severus Snape.

"I had an, affair with him. We broke it off soon after and parted ways. It was only after that when I realized that I was pregnant, and it wasn't Henry's, it was His. I had no way to contact him, but when Lucy was invited to go to a magic school, I knew it was only a matter of time before he came here to see whether or not she was his child, and he did." Helen told them.

"So that man that came to talk to you and didn't say anything to us was Lucy's father?" Susan inquired.

"Yes." Helen confirmed.

"Why did you wait until now to tell us?" Peter questioned.

"I was leaving it to Lucy to when and if she was going to tell you two." Helen answered.

"Wait, Ed already knew?" Susan turned to look at Edmund who nodded. "I noticed her acting strange and confronted her."

"Since when have you known?" Susan quizzed.

"When she came back here for the summer." Ed replied.

"I don't get it. Why didn't she tell us?" Peter wondered.

"She was afraid that we wouldn't love her the same." Ed stated.

"Oh Lu,....Lucy?" Susan began but then realized, "She's gone."

Some searching later the family gathered on the porch where Lucy had retreated while Helen was telling the story.

"Oh Lu, we love you just the same." Susan assured her. "We love you so much." Peter added.

"Promise?" Lucy whispered.

"Promise." They vowed.