Chapter 19

December, Sunday Afternoon.

What to get her Dad for Christmas? Lucy wandered around the castle as she pondered over this question.

For her Mom she had a moving picture of Helen, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and herself.

Susan would receive a few bottles of Drowsiness Drought to covertly use on the really annoying and/or persistent would be suitors.

Peter would be getting Star Grass Salve and several healing potions.

For Edmund, Lucy had gotten quills of various feather types and a never empty ink bottle.

Her other father would get a few muggle pens.

What of her biological father though? Speaking or rather thinking of what to give him, when was his birthday? But now for the closer dilemma. What to get him for Christmas?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day before Winter Break

Severus sat at his desk, grading papers, when a knock disturbed his peace. He hadn't expected it to be Lucy as he learned it to be when the door swung open. She smiled her normal cheerful smile at him and placed a green box tied with red ribbon on his desk.

A present, for him. He had never gotten a present before. Not for Christmas, and not for his birthday. Not from his parents, nor his friends. Not even from Lily, as her Gryffindor friends had made sure that she never gave him anything. Not a single present, from anyone.

He slowly untied the ribbon and lifted the lid to reveal Chocolate Cauldrons and Chocolate Bars. His lips formed a smile of their own accord, but it was hidden from Lucy, as his face was directed downwards.

"I'm sorry." His daughter's voice rang.
Severus quickly looked up, "Why?"

"I didn't know what else to get you." Lucy explained.

"I find that I will rather enjoy them. Thank you." Severus assured her and her bright smile that had dimmed a bit transformed into a gracious beaming sun.