Chapter 17

How would Ed, Peat, and Su feel about Lucy telling her birth father about Narnia?

The four of them have made a vow.

I swear to never reveal Narnia to anyone who wouldn't, believe us, understand to a degree, or keep it a secret. I swear to never reveal Narnia to anyone who would disrespect, disregard, or mock it. I swear to tell very few people about Narnia, and only those closest to me.

They hadn't even told their mother about Narnia. None of them had told anyone about Narnia. So how would her siblings feel? How would they react?

Perhaps Ed could shed some light on the situation.

Once the ink of the letter to Edmund had dried Lucy slipped it into the beak of her Elf Owl, who she had named Ellie, or Little Ellie, as she often called her.

With a flap of her wings, Ellie took off into the sky, heading for Edmund.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edmund laid on his back on his bed, resting after the classes had finished for the day. He was the only current occupant of the room and he was enjoying the silence. With all of Peter's fights, special permission had been granted so Edmund and Peter shared a room instead of with another in each of their own school years with the idea that it would lessen Peter's fights.

Peter was out at the moment. Consequently, it was he that had to get up to see what was making the insistent tapping. Realizing that it came from the window and not the door, his lips curved into a smile.

He opened the window and ushered in the small owl that  he had come to know as his little sister's owl. Ed quickly latched the window shut to prevent the heat from leaving and the chill from seeping in.

Little Ellie dropped a letter onto the desk in the corner of the small room before she perched herself on Edmund's bed frame.

Ed approached the desk and was surprised to see only one letter. Finding it addressed to him he opened the envelope. The letter itself was written in Trescript. A form of writing that he and Lu had created and only they knew. Trescript had been invented so Ed and Lu could skip balls, parties, celebrations, all kinds of formal occasions and the occasional meeting, more adeptly.

Trescript was used as warnings and information about when, where, why, and who would be there as well as the best escape routes, hide outs, etc.

Peter and Su were not privy to the knowledge of understanding Trescript as mostly Su, but sometimes Pete disagreed with their choice of skipping and would do everything they could to prevent the youngest two from skipping.

Sarscript, however, was one that they all knew and used. Only the 4 of them knew it and it was very useful as an all purpose keep secret messages secret.

However, the letter was written in Trescript. That itself declared that the messages was for his eyes only, the continents to not be shared with anyone, not even Pete and Su.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed,

               How are you? I hope you are well. Have Su and Pete learned of IT yet? I believe you are right in the matter that I should inform Su and Pete of IT. I shall the next time we are all together. I ask that you don't tell them until then and help me reveal it to them when it is time.

             On a slight different note, I have shared with Him a bit about Narnia. I'll explain why the next time I see you and request that you don't tell Pete and Su about this either.

           He was very accepting of it and didn't doubt me. Even that I was a Queen of 24 years of age. It seems it makes sense to him. Rest assured thought, I didn't tell him much. Just that we all became Kings and Queens. I didn't say how we got in or tell him about any of our adventures there. I also believe that he won't say anything to anyone so the secret remains safe.

                                                                                                                                         Awaiting your response

                                                                                                                                                            Lucy