Chapter 12

Thick or thin,

a blot or streak,

Dripping, pooling, or flowing,

Necessary but not necessarily thought of

You would think the world is colorblind for all the disputes over my coloring

What am I?

The feasting room was full of its usual chatter as dinner was commenced. Once Lucy finished her meal she removed herself from the room, leaving the majority of the students in the Great Hall.

As Lucy headed for the Gryffindor tower she came across the Trio. Approaching them to ask why they were staring at the wall, she began, "What is i-oh." On the wall, painted in blood, was the words "the Chamber of Secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir beware." Next to it, hung Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris.

Students' flow through the hallway was abruptly halted at the sight of the Trio, Lucy, the cat and the wall. Lucy ignored Draco Malfoy when he said something about "next" and "mudbloods",  and was about to intervene between Harry and Filch when Dumbledore made his appearance. After stopping Filch, Dumbledore issued his command. "Everyone will precede to the dormitories immediately, everyone except, you three." He pointed to the Trio.

The Trio looked appeared nervous, and Ron seemed ready to bolt, but Lucy held her ground, despite the fact that she had been ordered to return to her dormitory. She didn't care to be ordered around anyway.

The headmaster, professors, and Filch all seemed to ignore her with the exception of Severus who repeatedly sent her curious glances when no one was looking. The trio was deemed innocent, and Severus spoke up for them, making the trio exchange surprised glances. As the trio and her started to leave Severus whispered to Lucy "Come to my office tomorrow evening." before he strode off.

Answer to riddle. Blood.

Note. Lots of people say that blood is blue when it is inside us and turns red when air gets to it, but according to the doctor, it is just really dark red because there is already oxygen in your blood stream.