Chapter Twenty- Two / When you can't quite say 'I'm sorry'

[AN: Hi all! Hope you're all having a great day! Sorry it's a little late, I had to do my final tests and stuff for my training, but at least it's done! Now starting next week I'll be on my new work schedule and will be getting off really early! Too bad I'll have to get up early too :( Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, feel free to vote, comment, message me, or just read!]

"She shouldn't be allowed to pass, she's dangerous. I made this same complaint last year. She is far too dangerous to let loose in public. My vote is for no," Scott ranted to the floor from where he stood with his back to the rest of the room.

"Unfortunately, Scott, you gave up your vote when you volunteered to be a part of the test," Xavier told him. "Remember that the rules prohibit anyone that took part in the testing of a student to take part in the judging aside from opinions and insight as to what happened. It was set up so that a judge who felt slighted could not take retribution against that student."

Scott's frown deepened, but he didn't say anything.

Xavier turned to the rest of the mutants in the room. "Let's hear what the judges thought about the first challenge," he said, and Jean prepared to take notes.

Ororo started. "I think that she had good control over her powers, she used good ideas to get around the tough terrain, and in the end, it didn't seem like she had a very hard time getting away when she was caught."

Hank nodded in agreement. "Yes, her knowledge of the different species certainly did help her, and she came up with a creative solution to find the real Wolverine. I think she did well."

"I was impressed when she was on the ground fightin' all those Wolverines at once," Rouge said. "That ain't just a walk in the park. An' I think the way she used her powers to her advantage to find time to figure out what was goin' on was nice, too."

"I tink de way she used real animals was good, if it was a real environment, jus' bein' able to get away and blend in mighta helped her more dan here. The lady right about da Wolverines, too, know I'd hate to have dat challenge," Gambit told them.

Logan sat, sprawled in a chair, listening to the praise his student received silently.

Xavier watched Jean finish writing and nodded. "Good, and the second challenge?"

"It was..." Ororo paused. "A different way to win. But she did capture Scott so that he couldn't attack, and he would have been at her mercy."

"And there was no real violence, which is always something to strive for," Hank added.

"Well, knowin' how she used her powers in the past, it seemed to be good practice for defendin' herself..." Rouge said. "Even if it was creepy seein' Jean get swallowed up when she was right next to me..."

"She did a great job of usin' de knowledge of her opponet's weakness to her advantage. Dat's some of da best nonviolent fightin' Gambit's seen in a long time," Gambit said.

Scott took every comment as an attack, and when Gambit finished, he whipped around. "You don't know what she was doing," he said. "She's too dangerous! She needs to be stopped!"

Logan spoke up, his back straightening, "Yer just sore 'cause she beat ya so easily."

"Logan," Xavier said, and Logan settled back in the chair. "As to Kerri's danger, I seem to remember that a certain Danielle Moonstar had no problem with passing these tests and going out into the world," he mentioned. "Even though her powers also let her show people their worst fears or wildest dreams."

Scott clenched his jaw and turned back around.

"Gambit think he gunna go back to his class now," Gambit said, excusing himself from the tension.