What Does It Mean?: Jack Skellington X Hybrid!Reader

(Happy "early" Halloween, guys! If any of y'all are trick-or-treating, stay safe! I'm gonna curl up with my boyfriend and watch Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline and Edward Scissorhands while binging on bagged candy. Here's a little spooky one-shot for you guys! Also, yes, you are a cat-human hybrid monster in this one-shot. You're more cat then human though, like you have the tail, ears, whiskers, nose, fur, all that jazz. You just like have a regular human stature and you stand on two legs. I ranted on about the look longer then I wanted to. Enjoy!)
...
Walking down the main street in Halloweentown, you hummed to yourself as you sauntered to Jack's house. He had invited you to partake in his little "Christmas" expirements, and you of all the citizens in this town. Now that you think about it, Jack seems to want to hang out with you alot, sometimes just to play with Zero. Everyone here basically worships him as the Pumpkin King, why would he invite you? You didn't think you were anything special.
While those thoughts scrambled through your head, you didn't pay attention to where you were going and you accidentally stepped on your tail. In the middle of town, you yowled out in pain and held your tail. You were given a couple of concerned looks by some of the townsfolk around you, but you gave everyone a reassuring look, for they aren't new to this situation.
When you first arrived in Halloweentown, you were cursed with an extremely long tail and it was more of an inconvenience then a flaw. It was pretty cool, you could grab and pick up things from about 6 feet away, like an extra hand. But, just like now, it always somehow wound up under your feet. You sometimes wonder how you haven't broken it yet.
When you finally arrived at the gates to his house, you gave a small wave to the band that usually hangs around there.
"You alright over there, kitty? Seems as though you tripped." The one with the saxophone said, chuckling a little.
They usually sometimes teased you about you always literally tripping over yourself, but not in a mean way. It usually made you laugh too.
"Yeah, I'm alright guys, promise on that." You chuckled, your ears going back a little.
After that, you started to make your way up the stairs and finally made it to the door.
There was one time when you tripped on your tail while going up his stairs and one of your wrists broke when you fell. Jack was so worried...
Pulling down on the doorbell, you cringed slightly at the piercing scream that echoed in the house. Not a moment later and Zero's light barking could be heard from up the stairs as you perked your ears up. Soon enough, Jack opened up the door with a smile.
"Ah Y/N, you've finally arrived. I've already made some very important discoveries while I was waiting for you." Jack practically pulled you in, his cold and boney hand grabbing yours.
"O-oh, really?" You said hesitantly, smiling.
Ever since the town hall meeting where Jack told about his trip to Christmastown, you were a little nervous about the whole idea. It did go against everything you thought was right since you basically lived in Halloweentown all your life. But if it makes Jack happy and enthusiastic, you would try your best to make his Christmas fantasies come true.
"Why yes!" Jack said, his voice dripping with enthusiasm as you both climbed up the stairs.
Zero soon met you both at the top of the stairs, his jack-o-lantern nose glowing happily. He grew to like you since Jack invited you here a bunch and not think about you being part cat.
"Well, hello Zero." You smiled and reached down to pet him, but that didn't happen.
He just phased right through your hand but he was yipping happily.
You somehow always forgot that you couldn't pet him.
Jack pressed forward and set an elbow on your head, for he always liked to low-key tease you about yours and his height difference. The gesture made you giggle.
"So here's what I've been thinking. Maybe there's more to Christmas than I've been led to think. More to just chesnuts on a fire, candy canes and Sandy Claws, presents and dollys. You know what I mean?" He lectured to you, leaning slightly onto you.
You haven't really given it too much thought about this new Christmas thing, but it slightly intrested you.
"You could be onto something, Jack. But...you'll have to better inform me on this whole new idea." You said to him, a curious finger to your lip in thought.
"Well, we might as well get started on the expirements at once! I just finished setting up." He gestured his hand to the table, which was filled with glass tubes, a microscope, beakers, electrical wires, even a simple pair of scissors.
'This is gonna be fun.' You thought to yourself, wringing your hands together eagerly.
...
One melted candy cane, broken microscope, failed paper snowflake and crushed ortament later, you two were stuck. You both constantly asked yourself, "What does all this mean?"
"I'm so sorry Y/N, maybe I'm just being ridiculous about this whole idea..." Jack said with sadness and frustrstion.
Your ears went back a little, hearing Jack say this. Especially sounding so discouraged. You hated to see Jack that way, he was always confident in himself and this was odd.
"Jack, it's okay, I'm su-" You were trying to reassure him but he bolted upright and went back to the table with the science equipment.
"No matter! We can do this, Y/N! I believe in us!" His confidence was regained and you smiled in relief to see the old Jack again.
"Yknow what Jack?" You stood up and went to his side, nodding.
"I do too."
...
Later on, not too much improvement was happening. Black began to cover the sky and you were starting to get sleepy.
"I can continue my research if you're tired, Y/N. You can even sleep here tonight of you'd like." Jack offered, slightly pulling up his pair of goggles he had over his sockets.
"If you're sure, Jack. I'm gonna..." You yawned. "...hit the hay."
You sleepily attempted to walk over to one of the couches he had upstairs but you barely noticed that your tail slipped underneath you.
Jack noticed and quickly ran over to you, catching you in his arms before you could make a painful impact with the floor.
"Whoa, I gotcha." He said quietly, laughing a bit.
"That tail of mine, I tell ya..." Sleepily mixing up your words with yawns, you looked up at Jack, blushing lightly.
"Well, I'll let you know in the morning if I make any new discoveries. But you're way more important to me than them." He tried to assure you, walking you over to his small bed in front of a warm fireplace.
"Jack, no. You'll need to go to bed sometime too. I'll take the couch." You said, shaking your head lazily.
"Nonsense, Y/N. You're my very dear friend and I'll only provide the best for you." He said with a bit of hardness and sterness in his voice.
You smiled at him and nuzzled against his arm, purring gently while closing your eyes.
"Would you like me to read you a Christmas bedtime stort, Y/N?" Jack asked.
But before he could even set you down on the bed, you were already fast asleep.
...
You didn't know if you fell asleep in his arms that night or whatever, but when you woke up the next morning, you found Jack sleeping beneath you and one of his arms wrapped around you, laying on the couch.
He must've gotten tired while doing those expirements all night.
But either way, you didn't wanna leave. So you just curled up on his chest and dozed off again.
Cats do sleep a lot, you know.
...
THE END