Chapter 4

APRIL 16TH 

Today is the last home game before we go to Seattle and we leave right after the game and it's a 1 o'clock game so it's going to be a long day. 

I woke up around 7 and got really nauseous and I went right to the bathroom to throw up. Christian was right behind me rubbing my back and holding my hair. Yes, he spent the night. 

I finished throwing up and I leaned back against the wall. "This has been happening for a few days now, are you okay?" He asked and I nodded. I knew exactly what this was leading to and I couldn't bear to tell him. I'm pregnant and I've known since the first day it happened. 

It must have been from the first time we had sex. But I'm fucked, I can't be pregnant. I'm 22 and just started the job of my dreams. He kissed my forehead and went back into the bedroom to pack. 

I shut the door and locked it and took the test out from underneath the sink and took it. 5 minutes later, the word I didn't want to see; Pregnant. FUCK ME. 

I started to cry. Christian knocked on the door. "Babe are you okay?" I sniffled and wiped my eyes. "Yeah I'm o-okay." I said trying not to sound like I'm crying. 

"You're crying. Open the door right now." He said and I sighed and I took the test in my hands and held it behind my back. I opened the door and found Christian leaning against it. 

"What's really going on with you?" He asked and I sighed. "Yeli, I'm pregnant." I said and showed him the test. His eyes went wide and looked at me and he started to smile. "You mean I'm going to be a dad?" Wait he's excited about this? 

"Wait you're actually excited about this?" I said confused. "Yeah why wouldn't I be?" He asked. "You're not?" He said getting sad. "I'm just scared. I could lose my job over this and I really love my job and you know that." I said going over and sitting on the bed. 

I put my head in my hands and started crying. He came over to me and crouched down in front of me and took my hands in his. "I'm all in. Are you?" I can't believe that he's down to be a dad right now. His career is just taking off and it's just baffling my mind. 

"Christian, how are you so positive about this? You're career is just taking off." I said not looking at him. He put his finger under my chin and made me look at him. 

"Because I care about you and want this with you. I may haven't known you for long, but it feels like I have and this feels right." He said and I sighed. "Okay, I'm all in." I said and he got the biggest smile on his face and he lifted me up. 

"We're gonna be parents." He said and I smiled. "Will you finally be my girlfriend then? I was waiting for the perfect time and I don't think there is a more perfect time than this." I laughed and nodded. "Yes I will!" He kissed me and I couldn't be happier. 

We took quick showers and I finished packing and we got into my jeep  and went over to the park and I had to talk to Don right away about the pregnancy. I went into my office and Christian went to tell him to come see me. 

"You wanted to see me?' He asked coming in and sitting down. "I have some news, I'm pregnant and scared." I said and he sighed. "Well congrats first of all, didn't know you had a boyfriend so what does that mean for you job?" He asked. 

"Well having a boyfriend didn't happen till this morning and I don't know I was hoping you'd have an answer for me on that one." I said and he laughed. 

"Well once you become too pregnant we'll put you on Maternity Leave and by then it will be the off season so it won't matter and then you'll come back for next season. May I ask who the father is?" Knew this was coming. 

"Shit was hoping you wouldn't ask that, but hum, it's Yelich." I said a little fast and I was surprised that he understood me. "Yelich huh? Good I'm glad, he needs someone like you to keep him grounded. Is he excited?" 

"Very shockingly. I thought he would run for the hills when I told him." I said and he laughed. "Well congrats and and I the only one you've told?" He asked and I nodded. "Unless Christian opened his big mouth to the guys."

Just as I said that G, Dee and AJ came rushing into my office. "You're having a baby?! With Yelich?" G asked with a big smile on his face and I nodded and they attacked me in a bear hug. I looked at Don and he shook his head. 

"I knew he was going to open his mouth about it." He laughed and left and I looked at the three boys. "Yes, you all are going to be Unlces, now go get to batting practice." They gave me hugs and went to batting practice and I did some more paperwork and then went to the dugout to watch the game. 

We won 4-2 and then it was on the bus and off to the airport. We got there in no time and then we boarded the plane and I sat in the window seat with my hands on my stomach. I can't believe that I was pregnant with Christian Yelich's baby. 

You know how many fangirls would love to be in my spot? If I was the same as I was 2 years ago I'd be freaking out. I really fell for Christian hard and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. 

Christian sat next to me bringing me out of my thoughts when he put his hands over mine and I looked at him and smiled and gave him a kiss. 

We shortly after took off and then once we landed, we went straight to the hotel and I was out like a light once I hit the bed. It was a long day.

I can't believe that I'm pregnant. This is surreal.