Chapter 17

JUNE 16th, 2017 

We were in Atlanta for a quick three game series against the Braves and then we're back home for a 10 game stay against the Nationals, Cubs and then the Mets. 

I recovered fast and was on this road trip with the guys and things honestly have been awkward with me and Giancarlo and I didn't mind one bit because of how things have been going with me and Christian. 

I was brought of my daydreaming when there was a knock on my hotel door. I got up off the bed and went over to open it and I saw G standing there looking sad and angry I guess. I let him come in and he went and sat on the bed.

"What's been going on with you since Tuesday? You've been acting so different." He said and I sighed and sat next to him. I guess it was time to tell him. "G, I was pregnant." I said not looking at him. 

"What do you mean was? Did you lose the baby again?" He said and I shook my head no. "I got an abortion. I wasn't ready to be a mom." I said. "Well it wasn't mine was it?" He asked and I started to tear up and I shook my head yes.

"Summer, why didn't you tell me about this earlier? I could've helped you, we could've worked things out." He said getting angry. "I didn't want to work things out. That's the thing. I'm not ready to be a mom and you're at the prime of your career and don't have time for a kid and I just started this job and don't have time to be a mom." I said wiping my tears away. 

"You don't want things to work out with us?" He asked hurt and I sighed. "To be really honest with you Giancarlo, no I don't. This month was a great thing for the both of us, but my heart is still with Christian and I realized that." I said finally looking at him and he looked so hurt. 

"Is that where Christian was on Tuesday? With you?" He asked and I nodded. "I couldn't tell you G, you'd be too hurt by what I was doing that I knew you'd try and talk me out of it so I could have the baby with you, when I wanted to have a kid but at the same time I didn't because I knew I wasn't ready for it." 

He nodded and stood up. "I'll still have feelings for you, those will never go away. Just know that I'm happy with your decision and I hope we can stay friends." He said and I stood up and gave him a hug. "Of course G, who am I going to go to when Christian is being stupid and needs to be put in his place?" I asked and laughed. 

"You do have a point there. I love you Summer." He said and I smiled. "I love you too G, I'll see you at the park okay?" I said and he nodded and kissed my cheek and left my room and I felt the weight being lifted off my shoulders and it felt good to finally tell him and he actually took it well. 

My phone rang on the nightstand and I went over and looked and saw Christian had texted me. 

Baby: Why did G just come out of your room?

Me: He came in and asked why I was being weird and I told him everything. 

Baby: How did he take it?

Me: Surprisingly, very well. He was mad at first and then told me if I'm happy, he's happy.

Baby: Does this mean we can be together again?

Me: Are you asking me to be your girlfriend over text Mr. Yelich? How romantic lol

Baby: No of course not, I'll take you on a date and do all the fancy stuff you like(; I'll see you soon beautiful. 

I just shook my head at the text and got into the shower and got ready for the game. I did my usual in the shower and then threw my hair up in a bun and didn't do makeup because I didn't feel like it. I put on khaki shorts and my polo like usual and grabbed my stuff and went down to the lobby and got onto the bus that was taking us to the stadium. 

Christian sat next to me and I smiled kissing him not caring if the others saw and then no one questioned us and we went over to the stadium and I went into the medical room and chilled with the other trainers and got the guys ready for the game. 

"Can I have my good luck kiss?" Christian said coming up to me and I nodded and kissed him. "I'm gonna hit dingers for you tonight babe." He said running out of the room and I just shook my head and we all went up to the dugout and watched the game. 

Christian kept his word and hit three home runs tonight in the 15-2 win over the Braves. I knew the Braves weren't that good of a team, but I didn't think they were this bad. The guys went through interviews and I did paperwork while waiting for them to be ready. 

I was on the bus after everyone else this time for some reason I didn't know, so I sat towards the front by myself. 

I tried to zone everything out but I couldn't for some reason because the guys were being really loud tonight and this is the reason why I hate being basically the only girl on the bus. I was happy when we reached the hotel and I got off the bus first and went straight up to my room ignoring the boys who were calling me. 

I got into my room and changed into some pajama's and climbed into bed. I left the door open because I knew someone was bound to come in and find me. Someone knocked so I yelled for them to come in and in came Christian and I smiled when I saw him. 

"Why'd you ignore us down there?" He asked sitting next to me. "I just didn't want to deal with your loud asses tonight." I said with a laugh and he laughed too. "I'm sorry princess." He said cuddling into my side and I just ran my fingers through his hair and it was comforting to me. 

"Marry me." He said. My eyes went wide. "Wait what?" I said in shock. He sat up and looked at me. "Marry. Me. Summer." He said slower so I could process what he was actually saying. "Christian Stephen Yelich, have you lost your mind?" I asked and he shook his head no. 

"No because Summer Melissa Seager, I know you're the one for me. I know it's only been almost three months but we've been through so much together and I feel like I've known you for a life time so will you marry me?" He said getting a ring out of his pocket, damn he must have planned this all along. 

I cried for a good reason. "Yes Christian, I will marry you." I said and he smiled and put the ring on my finger and got up and kissed me with so much passion. "You have lost your mind, but I love you so much." I said once we pulled away from the kiss. 

"I know but I'm crazy for you princess and you can have whatever you want at this wedding and we can get married whenever you want." He said laying down and I went along with him admiring the ring. "You've outdone yourself Yelich, this thing is beautiful." I said and I looked at him. 

"Only the best for my princess." He said kissing my cheek and we just sat there talking about everything we wanted for the wedding and when we were gonna get married. We decided on the middle of January of 2018 and it's going to be in Miami on the beach where I'm from and it was going to be big, but not that huge wedding with over 1,000 people.

 We decided on the middle of January of 2018 and it's going to be in Miami on the beach where I'm from and it was going to be big, but not that huge wedding with over 1,000 people

Did I make the right decision by saying yes? Or is it too early for this?