Chapter 9

MAY 18th, 2017

We were in L.A. playing the Dodgers and I couldn't wait to see Corey because he's my favorite cousin and we're going out to lunch today just the two of us. 

We got in last night and everyone was jet lagged and just relaxing before they had to go to the park. I got up around 10 and went into the shower and did everything and got ready for lunch. (Outfit in media.)

My phone went off and I looked at it and saw that Corey had texted me telling me his was here. I quickly packed my backpack with clothes for the game later. I grabbed my purse and backpack and went down to the lobby. 

I exited the elevator and saw Corey talking to Dee and I ran up to Corey and gave him the biggest hug. "I've missed you Summer." He said picking me up and spinning me around. "I've missed my favorite cousin too." I said as he set me down. 

We both said goodbye to Dee and then we went to In-N-Out because that was my favorite place to go to while we were in L.A. 

"So how's everything going in the boy department?" He asked and I sighed. "Well I really don't know to be honest. I still have strong feelings for Christian but then I have fallen hard for Giancarlo and they're both different in their own ways. I would be lucky to date either one of them." 

He nodded just listening to me ramble on about the boys. "I say Giancarlo, but if your heart still says Christian then go with him." He said and I nodded. "I just want what's best for you Summer. You know that. I want you to be happy and I don't want any guys breaking my favorite cousins heart." 

I smiled and thanked him and we just caught up on life. "So how is Madison?" I asked as we were on our way to the stadium. "She's good, she misses you, she's coming to the game tonight, actually she should be there already, so you'll see her." 

"Good I miss her a lot, we have a lot of catching up to do." I said and he smiled and we were finally at the stadium and it was weird going through the Dodger clubhouse because I'm used to going through the visitor one because I work with the other team. 

"Summer! How are you?" Jo said coming over to me and giving me a hug. "I'm good! Working for the Marlins and enjoying life in Miami. How about yourself?" I asked. 

"Life is good, I recently got a puppy! Her name is Blue and she's adorable." He said and we caught up and then Corey dragged me away to the field and my guys were taking BP. I looked around and saw Madison talking with Christian. 

I saw Corey tense up and I laughed. "Jealous?" I asked and he nodded. "MADISON I MISSED YOU!" I yelled out and she whipped her head around and got the biggest smile on her face and we ran towards each other and embraced each other. 

"You know that Christian guys, he's a cutie. Date him." She said, only if she knew the whole story, so I told her everything. "Well girl, you're in a pickle, I pick Christian, do what your heart wants though, we'll catch up more after." She said and I went into our clubhouse and changed into my game attire. 

I went back to the dugout and watched the game. Dee is back and playing better than ever. He's batting .450 at this point with a couple homers since he's come back. And today was no different, he hit for the cycle in the 11-1 victory agains the Dodgers. 

It was a good game I would say. Everyone did their post game interviews and then went back to clubhouse and cleaned up and then we finally boarded the bus and went back to the hotel, we were all tired and it showed. 

It was a short ride to the hotel and I went right up to my room and went into the shower to relax me and just to think. I got out and put on sweatpants and a Seager shirt, yes gotta support the cousin. 

There was a knock on my door and I went over and opened it and saw Christian. I let him in and I laid on the bed. "Summer, who do you like? Me or G." FUCKING HELL CHRISTIAN

I sighed. "I can't answer that right now. I'm sorry." I said looking at him. He looked at me with sad eyes and I kept talking. "Well I really like you, like I still love you, but what you did hurt me and then with G, everything just happened quickly you know but I feel like I'm falling for him too. I don't want to break either or your hearts but one of you is gonna be heartbroken." I said and his eyes were glossy. 

"I understand and respect everything you chose to do with the both of us, but just know, I will never stop fighting to win your love back. I'm not going down without a fight. You belong with me and you know it." He said and I nodded. 

"I know I do, but I can't just bring myself to forgive you that easily." I said and he crawled over to me and pinned me down on the bed and kissed me. It felt different this time. There was a need to it and not just the kiss where it leaves you breathless but that leaves you wanting more every minute of every day. 

He pulled away and looked at me with a smirk and then got up off of me. "You damn tease." I said as he walked out of the room leaving me there with my thoughts about him and that damn kiss.