Chapter 8

MAY 13TH, 2017

Well today is my date with Giancarlo and I'm throwing out the first pitch at the game tonight. Every year they chose a University of Miami graduate from the year before and they chose me since I was already going to be there.

I got up around 10 seeing as I didn't go to bed until like 4 last night and then I got right into the shower and got ready for my day. (outfit in media)

I grabbed some clothes for later and put them in my backpack and then the doorbell rang and I grabbed my stuff and went down to get it. I opened it to find G standing there looking as hot as ever.

"You look beautiful, ready to go?" He asked and I thanked him and said yeah. He opened the door for me and I hopped into the passenger seat and put my backpack into the backseat as he got into the drivers side.

"I hear you're throwing out the first pitch tonight. You nervous?" He asked as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. "No not really. Its gonna be fun. I just want to know who is catching my pitch." I said.

He looked over at me and smiled and I shook my head. "So it's you I assume?" I said and he laughed and nodded his head. We finally arrive to our destination and it looked good, I had never been here before so it's gonna be a good time.

We got seated right away and ordered quickly because I found something I liked right away and I hoped that it was good. We talked a lot and got to know each other a lot more.

Our food came and it smelled delicious and let me tell you, it tasted even better. I finished all of it and G was surprised. "For as tiny as you are, I didn't think you were going to finish that." I laughed. "I have a big appetite for a tiny girl." He nodded. He paid and we went to his car and off to the park.

"So how are things with Christian?" Fuck. I'm in a pickle. "I mean I have feelings for him, he's sweet but I think I'm getting strong feelings for someone else." I said and I saw him smile and he knew I was talking about him.

"Well you know I'll still be here for you even if you choose him over me." I nodded and sighed and leaned my head against the window while he took my hand in his and it made me calmer. We finally arrived at the park and I grabbed my bag out of the backseat.

"I had a great time today, thank you." I said as we got to my office. "It was my pleasure babe." He said kissing my cheek and leaving for the clubhouse. I put my stuff into my office and threw on the jersey that I had packed and looked and it was a Stanton jersey, what a coincidence.

Don popped his head in and I smiled at him. "You made G late, I'm supposed to be mad at you." He said and I laughed. "Hey that wasn't my fault, he's the one that wanted to go to lunch. Blame him not me!" He laughed.

"Now what's going on with you and the two guys?" He said sitting down. I sighed and explained to him everything. "Well I'm always here if you want to talk. Just go with what your heart wants." He said and I nodded and thanked him.

"You have to be out there soon for the first pitch so come on, let's go." He said standing up and I did the same and we went out to the field. "Since when is she allowed to wear dresses to work?" Dee asked and I laughed.

"She's not, but she'll be changing after she throws out the first pitch." Don said to Dee and he just nodded and went back to doing his pre game stuff. It was finally time for me to throw out the first pitch.

"Now every year we have a University of Miami graduate throw out the first pity, here is Summer Seager class of 2016 with a degree in Sports Medicine and she is the Miami Marlins Medical Trainer, throwing out the first pitch to our right fielder, Giancarlo Stanton!"

I waved to the crowd who went wild probably for G, not me. I stood on the mound and wound up for my pitch and I threw it perfectly down the middle for a strike, I was really proud of myself. "Well that was a strike, maybe we could sign her to be a pitcher!" The announcer said and I laughed and got the ball back from G who gave me a hug.

"You did really good babe. Proud of you. That actually hurt my hand." He said and I laughed. "I used to be a pitcher in high school and then when I got to college I became the DH I guess." I said as we walked back to the dugout.

The boys told me that was amazing and I thanked them and walked back to my office and changed into jeans, a t-shirt and some converse and went back to the dugout to watch the game.

Me and Dee goofed off playing pranks on everyone since he was still out with his hand and I just had fun for once during a game.

No one got hurt, which made my job easy and it made me happy to play pranks on everyone. We won 10-2. Stanton had a 2 run home run which was an absolute bomb to left field and one of the longest of the year; 480 ft.

I went to my office to grab everything and then I realized I needed a ride home. I went to the clubhouse to find G and it was really empty. These shits better not do anything and mid sentence all the boys came out and sprayed me with silly string and shaving cream.

I screamed and laughed at the same time. "Alright boys, now who wants to give me a hug?" I asked and they all ran around and I chased them and finally I caught Christian and gave him the biggest hug.

He had shaving cream all over him. He groaned. "Serves you right and now you get to take me home too!" I said and he smiled and nodded. I took all the silly string off and I couldn't wait to get home and shower.

He brought me home and kissed me goodnight and I went straight into the shower. I got out and changed into one of G's shirts that he had left here and there was a text on my phone from him.

From: Stanton😍

Hope you found the shirt I left you(;

I laughed and replied with a picture.

From: Stanton😍

Looks good on you beautiful. Sleep well my love.

I locked my phone and plugged it in and climbed into bed and fell asleep instantly.