Mask

Your POV

I stood at the front of my shelf in the bathhouse. My coat and mask suddenly vanished an I can't find it anywhere. My face showed its signature emotionless face however, I was silently screaming and panicking inside. I clenched my fists until they turned white and clenched my teeth.

Whoever stole my things needs to make sure they have enough Jewel to pay for their funeral.

A silent groan made us way out of my mouth. "I just won't attend the guild until I find it." I mutter under my breathe.
A colourful rainbow of curses slipped out of my mouth as I stomped back to my room..

3 days later

This isn't funny. I need a job, I'm running out of Jewel. Regret washed over me. I sigh for the sixteenth time today.
"Not like this wouldn't happen sooner or later.." I mumble.
I decided to wear a casual navy shirt, black jacket and a pair of knee-high shorts. I never had a sense of fashion. Well, I was okay with matching clothing but I never wore something that all other girls would wear. If i randomly wore my coat and mask, someone would mistake me as of the male gender.
I nervously walk out of Fairy Hills with a resting bitch face. My feelings were always translated to an emotionless scowl. No wonder why anyone who saw my gaze would stay at least four feet away. I traveled under the shadows while trying my best to look casual. Fortunately, no one questioned me nor bothered giving me a questioning look. Most of their faces expressed fear once they saw my annoyed scowl and dead, void, empty eyes.
Honestly, I hated this. I was never able to talk to someone without being socially limited. It was always up to me to bring up a new conversation and I just so happened to not be capable of bringing up something. Sure, I never stuttered or have a wobbly voice but in the inside, I am trembling.
That's what hurts.

How are you?

I'm fine.

It hurts. Please listen to me. Please help me. This mask hurts. Everything hurts.

I wear that thick fabric to cover my disgusting scowl. I don't want people to see my voidness.
It's just scary. The thought that maybe one day, this blank face will get everyone I love to.. Leave..
I don't know how to love someone in fact. And I want someone to help break these chains, seal these scars, melt this ice, break this armour.

My feet stop moving as soon as I meet the guild's entrance. My finger tips slowly push the two door open. The guild fell silent as soon as they saw me. Questioning looks washed over their faces. My 'scary' glare meets their eyes. Everyone widened their eyes after a brick of realisation smacked them.
"Y/N!?" Everyone besides the girls of Fairy Hills exclaimed. A smirk was itching to crawl onto my lips but my body rejected it.
"What?" Without my consent, the word left my mouth in a dull manner. My face expressed the fact that it was no surprise. In a null expression..
A certain pinkie strolled towards me.
"Eh?! Are you sure you are Y/N?! You look much less intimidating without your coat! I mean, you look a lot shorter!" Natsu obliviously pointed out. A tick mark appeared on my forehead. Gray, Wendy, Happy and Lucy cowered under a table in fear.
I angrily gripped onto his hair and slammed his face into a table. My fingers clicked as an ebony cloud appeared over my index finger. I brought the particles of magic towards the limp dragon-slayers nape. The magic electrocuted him. His body jittered from the static electricity. Laxus decided to step in. He walked towards me and grabbed my shoulders and gently pulled me away to stop me from torturing Natsu. I snap my gaze to the second-generation dragon slayer with bloodlust glowing from my eyes. Danger was written all over my face. 'Let go now otherwise I will slowly burn you' was what I was silently saying from the dangerous aura emitting from me. Laxus let go of me and put his hands in a surrendering gesture. I growl silently and face the job request board.
I stalk towards the board and scanned the requests. Natsu quickly recovered and stood next to me.
"What job should we do next?!" He cheerfully sang.
I look at his signature smile, slightly amazed he wasn't mad at me. Once again, a smile tried to crawl onto my features, soon unconsciously rejecting it.

I think I now know who will be the one to break these chains.

Two chapters in a day! Woo!