Part Three

They'd arrived at Rickhouse bar on Kearny Street soon after it had opened at 6:00pm. It was a cosy place with a large menu of whiskey and inventive drinks. Lining the walls were shelves filled with liquor and live music played most nights.
Cara's favourite were the cocktails.
They had been sat by the bar for almost three hours and Marcus had already spent well over $150 on the two of them. As well as the drinks the conversation had been flowing. They'd discussed many things including where he wanted to take his career next to when she had last purchased a designer dress.
He was enjoying himself.

Every now and again she'd rest her hand on his thigh when she laughed at his jokes. Each time he felt some sort of sensation which he liked. By 9:00pm they were on their fifth drink and she'd gone to powder her nose in the bathroom. He hoped to himself she wasn't on sniff. His brother Lewis took drugs a lot when he was alive and taught Marcus not to ever do them. He was strongly against them.
She seemed incredibly excitable but perhaps that was just the effect he had on her. He did with most women anyway. She returned to him shortly after with a gleaming smile and sat closer to him than before.

"So when are you going to visit these estates?"

"I'm not sure. Possibly tomorrow or Thursday. Depends when the boss wants me to go." He replied after downing a shot.

"That's cool. Rick said he may be giving me a pay rise next week but don't tell any of the other girls. I think he may have a soft spot for me." She winked and gave his thigh a small squeeze.

The time flew by and he realised how much alcohol he had consumed when he vision started to blur. Voices were whirling around in his head. Cara was in front of him talking wildly but he couldn't hear her. All he heard were the familiar words in his head. They were telling him that if he didn't leave by ten minutes past eleven then something bad would happen to him and Cara. He knew this thought was irrational but he knew better than to disobey the voices. After drinking the rest of his whiskey he whispered in her ear that she should come back to his tonight. It was coming up to ten past when she agreed. They left the crowded bar and made their way to the side walk to find a cab.

It was 11:30pm when they reached his apartment. He thanked the driver and lead Cara up to his door. She had been to his twice before and seemed to know her way round. Marcus went to his room whilst she poured herself a glass of wine. He took off his tie and unbuttoned his shirt. Turning round he saw her silhouette in the doorway sipping her drink. Of what he could see she looked amazing.

"I haven't been in here for a while. Usually we only make it to the couch."

He laughed as she walked over.
She put down the wine glass and looked up at him.

"I've missed you Marcus." She held onto his broad arms and kissed him.

It was only a short peck but suddenly turned into something much more passionate. He pushed her back onto the bed and began to undress her. With the lack of light in the room he could just about make out her slender hips as she pulled off her panties. He wanted to ravish her. So he did.

After an hour of sex Marcus was exhausted. Cara certainly hadn't lost her touch. He wiped the sweat from his brow and went to get some water from the kitchen. When he returned he found Cara was fast asleep on his favourite side of his king size bed.
He didn't want to move her because she looked so at peace but also incredibly hot in the position she was in so he slipped in beside her.
Her naked body radiated heat and he was unsure of whether to put an arm round her or not so he settled down with his back to her and closed his eyes.

Marcus was in a dark and dingy basement this time with mould on the walls and grey slabs of concrete underfoot.
A muffled cry came from behind him.
Slowly he walked over to his victim who had her back to him.
He stroked her dark hair with his hands and hushed her.
She gave a moan and cringed away from his touch.
Marcus walked around to the front of her and admired her beauty.
It was Cara.
She was strapped to a chair with tape across her mouth and her wrists and ankles tied together behind her back.
Tears welled up in her eyes and fell down her red cheeks.
She looked so sweet and vulnerable.
At his complete mercy.
A knife appeared in his right hand and he placed it at her neck.
The cold sensation made her shiver and her eyes were filled with fear.
He pressed hard and made a deep cut.
Dark red blood spilled from the gash and ran down her breasts.
She struggled to breathe as her windpipe had been cut in two.
Her eyes rolled back into her head as her whole body shook.

Marcus woke up at 3:00am and sat up in bed instantly. His breathing was rapid as he pulled the covers off him. Cara was still sound asleep beside him.

Was that a prediction of the future?

He got up out of bed and wandered into the kitchen.

What are these dreams trying to tell me?

Beneath the counter top he pulled out a drawer and found the cutlery. His hands skimmed over each set til his fingers grasped the handle of what he was looking for. He pulled out a large knife.

Those were signs of what I have to do.

Billys face popped into his head and he had to protect him. He hadn't heard back from Billy all evening so his anxiety over him had turned into paranoia. If he didn't do this then he knew something would harm Billy and it would be all his fault.

Marcus couldn't control these thoughts right now and his anxiety was at a high from the dream.
As if being controlled by a puppeteer on strings he obediently walked back into his bedroom and gently pulled the covers off of Cara.
He watched her shoulders rise and fall with each breath she took.
The metal glistened in the light from the hallway as he began to point the knife towards her bare neck.

This is the right thing to do.

Please vote for each chapter! 🌟