Part Fifteen

Before Marcus left Billy's office he noticed a few files on the desk and one caught his eye.

It was the case file for Carter. Marcus instantly picked it up and out fell a photograph.

It was the man in his dream.

That was what Carter looked like.
Memories came flooding back to him of when Lewis was alive and how often he hung out with Carter taking drugs. Lewis looked out of his head most of the time when Marcus saw him towards the end.

He was an intelligent guy who would have had a bright future ahead of him if it wasn't for that low life Carter.
Marcus put the file back where he found it and made his way back downstairs.

He chilled out with Billy and Kiana for an hour before he headed home.
As he drove back he couldn't get Carter's face out of his head. The thoughts had returned. He had to kill this man.

As Marcus lay in bed all he could think of was Carter and Melissa.
Both in separate ways.

He lusted over Melissa and wished for her naked body to be pressed up against his in the heat of passion. But he had an urge to get hold of Carter and pop a bullet through his skull.
Tomorrow night would be the night he would find him and do the deed.
He hadn't killed in a few days and a murder was long overdue.

Carter stood in the warehouse.
Behind him lying on the ground was Lewis.
Blood poured out of his stomach as he cried in pain.
Marcus couldn't move.
It was as if he was glued to the spot.
Lewis left the room and dragged Melissa in by her hair.
Her hands were tied together and she shouted to Marcus for help.
All Marcus wanted to do was run over and rescue her.
He couldn't help Lewis because he was slipping away second by second.
Carter laughed as he seized Melissa by her throat.
He squeezed and squeezed until her face begun to turn a light shade of purple.
The last gasp of air escaped her lips before she gracefully collapsed to the ground.

Marcus awoke at 3:00am.
That nightmare felt too realistic and he hated it. He had to get his revenge on Carter and he would do so tonight.
After work Marcus went home to his apartment to retrieve the gun.
As Marcus drove thoughts ran through his mind.

Why did he do such a thing to my brother?

He despised him. The demons in his head screamed at him. He had to hurt him. Monstrous images ran through his mind, he had to kill him.

He was sure of where Carter was living. It was close by to the second estate he had visited a few weeks ago and when he pulled up outside the abandoned warehouse it had grown dark. Thick trees surrounded the building and he felt as if they were watching him. He had an uneasy feeling but also as if something was pulling him closer.
Marcus peeped through the nearest broken window and saw a faint glow coming from inside. Someone must be home.

The padlock had been removed from the huge metal door so all he had to do was push.
He did so as quietly as he could and thank fully the door didn't make much of a sound.

As soon as Marcus stepped inside he was overwhelmed by a strong smell of cannabis.

The area he looked uninhabited but he could see a light coming from an empty doorway. He walked slowly over and when he turned the corner he noticed four sleeping bags.
Sitting on one with his back to him was a man. Marcus hoped it was Carter. As he walked closer he stepped on a piece of glass and the man quickly turned his head.

It was him. In front of Carter was a small camp fire. No one else was there. When he saw Marcus he froze.
Rage soared inside him when he saw his brothers killers face but he tried to play it cool.

"Hello Carter."

"Marcus? Is that you?"

"Yeah. What the hell happened to you?"

Carter stood up and dusted off his trousers. "I've been homeless the last three years. Being a drug dealer has its pros and cons." His husky voice trembled every now and then.

"I see."

"I heard you're doing well. Working in estates or something. How did you find me here?"

Marcus ignored the latter.
"Yeah I am. I've done much better than you."

"Always one to boast."

"To be honest with you Carter I didn't come here for idle chit chat. I know you killed Lewis."

Carters face dropped.

"Did you enjoy killing him? You know I've murdered almost ten people so I kind of know how it feels. Sometimes it makes you feel powerful and like you can take on anything when other times it makes you feel like a monster."

Carter didn't respond. Marcus reached into his coat and took out the gun. His fingers wrapped around the cold sensation of steel whilst the adrenaline rushing through him was intense.

"How did it make you feel Carter?"
When Carter saw the gun he put his arms up in the air in panic.

"Look I'm sorry. He had stolen money and drugs off of me and I was off my face and it just happened."

"I don't believe you. I could easily make you suffer and torture you but I don't want to waste my time on you. Unlike my other victims whom I spent time on. You don't deserve mine."

He aimed the gun at his head and pulled the trigger.

Boom.

Head shot.

Carter dropped to the ground like a ragdoll. Marcus felt a sense of calm that he hadn't felt in a long time.
He'd achieved his goal.

It was the revenge for his brother and he'd succeeded. He felt no remorse or guilt. Perhaps murdering people had helped him in that way.
But part of him wished he had killed Carter with his bare hands.
Before he left Marcus kicked his head in several times til his skull cracked and his brains spewed.

Blood covered his shoes. He'd have to clean those when he got home.

Please vote for each chapter! 🌟