Chapter 2: The door

I ran home. When I get there, my mom called me into the bedroom. She walked up to me and put her hands on my shoulders. I braced myself for the usual shove that came with those actions. Instead, she collapsed. And started crying. I was, shocked. My mom never cried. Or apologized. Wait. She was apologizing?!
" Alice, I am so sorry, for everything. So sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you. I love you."

I was confused as all Hell. What the fuck is going on? She was yelling at me for the shit I didn't do and now she is apologizing for everything she has ever done? What the hell is going on?
"Okay, mom, Mom, MOM! Stop crying. It, just please stop."
"Alice, I am really sorry, I, I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I'm really sorry."
"Mom, It, It's okay. Just please, stop crying."
She stopped, stood up, and took me into the kitchen. She picked up a knife. I thought I was going to die. Then I closed my eyes. She put something cold in my hands. I open my eyes and, There isn't blood in my hands. Instead, it's a piece of cake. My favorite kind of cake, German Chocolate. Suspicious, I looked it over, I checked it. I wanted to know if it was laced with shit. After I saw and smelled that there wasn't, I took a bite. I was amazing.
"Where did you get this? Cause you're gonna buy more cake right?"
My mom chuckled "I made it, Alice. Do you like it?"
Wait, My mom made a cake? It, what?
"You, You made this?"
"Of course I did. It's your favorite right?"
"Yeah, I love it. It's amazing! Thank you."
"You're welcome. If you want more, you can have more."
"Thank you , Mom."

I finished my cake. Then I went to see my mom. I asked her for something.
"Mom, can I have my allowance money?"
It was a risky question. But I was suprized about the answer.
"Yes, yes you can." She reached into her purse and pulled out four dollars.
"Here you go."
I took it, thanked her, and then left. I walked to the corner market and bought her a pair of earrings. I don't know why, but I guess t thank her for the cake.

I got home, and what I saw, made my gut wrench into knots. She was laying down, in the floor, in a puddle of blood. Her blood. I saw a shadow. I turned to look and all I could see was black.

The only thing that I could do is
                                                                              RUN.