Chapter 8: Stupid mazes

I woke up. It was dark. Shit. I felt my head and it was sticky with blood. How I didn't die I have no fucking clue. All I know is, I'm back at the beginning of the maze. FUCK! Really? I growled. Then I started mumbling to myself."Hmm, maybe there's a secret to this maze. But what?" So I continued. I found the Rabbit again. I went to save him. As I did the last time. I blacked out. Again. I woke up at the beginning of the stupid motherfucking maze. Again. So, I decided to just sit there. And do the most dangerous thing ever. Think.

I sat on the ground for a long while. Thinking about what the trick is. Then I found it. The time I saw the rabbit and tried to save him, I blacked out. Which means, I got attacked by something. and I need to dodge it. I picked up a stick. I wished it was a metal rod or a sword. That's where shit got weird. I looked in my hand and it wasn't a stick anymore. I was a nice, shiny blade. I grinned. I was gonna have fun.

I continued to where the rabbit was. And repeated everything I did, except one thing. I turned around and swung my blade. I knocked something out of the air. I looked on the ground and I saw the most ugly thing in the world. I shoved my blade through its side. It dissolved into black dust. I cut the rabbit free.

"Thank you, Alice.  Thank you, thank you, thank you! We have to get out of here. Do you have the Map?"
"Map? MAP?! I never got a fucking map!"
"It should have been in your pocket. I put it in there before he took you."
"Wha- oh" I took a piece of paper that was in my pocket. I unfolded it and looked at it. I showed it to the Rabbit. He looked it over.
"We have to get to the twins first. Then your father. Then the rest of them. Follow me." He kept making turns and circles. Like he was lost. I asked if he was and he didn't answer. I was kinda suspicious. So I followed him through the maze. I saw an opening and ran to it. I nearly puked. My brother and sister were hanging from iron chains from every part of their fragile little bodies. I heard some noise behind me. I turned and swung. Three monsters dropped. I skewered them all. The chains just... Dissolved.  Like acid was poured over them. Rabbit and I raced to catch them. They were unconscious. So I carried them until we found my dad. He was worse. He was tied to a chair. And beaten bloody. I puked this time. Then started crying. I felt a... Burning sensation. In my chest and stomach. That's when everything erupted into flame. I could feel myself burning. But it didn't hurt. It felt normal. Then I just stood there. Staring at my dad. I closed my eyes and imagined him better. Then I opened my eyes, and there he was. Like nothing ever touched him.

"A-a-a-Alice?" I turned to see Rabbit looking like he saw the Oculous Gouger.
"Rabbit. What do you need?" I replied.
"You-you're- you're a..."
"A what?"
"A Firesoul."
"What's a Firesoul?" My father turned to look at Rabbit. They shared a nod.
"A Firesoul, a demon from the End. They are incredibly powerful." I let that sit. So one, I'm a demon. Two, I'm from this shit hole place. And three, I'm burning this place down.
"I'm going to burn the maze. And everything in it. I'll save this shit hole. And I'm going to rid it of that swine that did this."
"Alice. Think about what you're going to do. It might-" My dad looked over and bolted. I turned to see what he was running at. On the ground there was a boy... and that's where things got really weird. I ran over to help my dad half drag him to a safe spot. I turned him over. And what I saw changed my view on this dump forever.