Chapter 12: The Red Queen

We went through the forest for a long time. I was lost in thought. But not too far into thought. Then we stopped. I look up, and I see a huge red castle. I looked like a red copy of Taj Mahal with more onion domes and taller. With a bigger garden with many more bushes. So many green shrubs. The grass was thick and it smelled like it had just been cut.The doors to the castle were huge. Like ones on Lebron James's mansion. Rabbit knocked.

I thought the world was going deaf 'cause those hinges screeched. I winced and cringed at the sound. My dad looked to me and said, "You'll get used to it." I rolled my eyes at him. Wait... Used to it?! Why the hell would I want to get used to it unless...

I'm staying here.

I have to stay here. But I don't want to. I want to see my mom and I want to see her be happy. I don't want to stay here in this shit hole living with mad hatters and talking rabbits or hookah smoking caterpillars. I thought I'd never say it but, I want to go home to my mom.  With my mom. I want to hold her hand and hug her when she needs it. I want to see her at my graduation. I want to be with her. Not here.

I'm thinking all of this, and my mom wakes up. I rush over to her side and hug her. I feel her wrap her arms around me. Surprisingly I didn't cry. I just sorta stood there. Hugging my mom. No expression on my face.

"Mom." I said. "Mommy?" That's when I started to cry. We cried in each others arms. That's when my dad came over and broke us up. He stood my other up, hands on her shoulders, and looked right into her eyes. Something I could never do. 
"Mel, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have let you do this to yourself." He said.
"It's okay, Jack. I was being a fool. I should never have come into it's possession."
They hugged and I just stood there with a dark look on my face. I didn't feel... Anything. No emotion. Nothing.

I looked up and said,"Come on. I want to get out of here." Rabbit looked at me. Then stuck me with a needle. And I fell the fuck asleep. Just perfect...