Chapter 10: The end of it?

It was dark at first, until I started glowing. Yes, I was glowing. It was strange at first but it put off some light, enough that we could see where we were going. I didn't talk much cause I was pissed off at this world. This sick, pathetic excuse for a world. I hate it here. But I have to fix it. So that's what I'm going to do. We walked on for about half an hour before I stopped. I scowled.

"What the fuck is going on? Why is this taking so damn long?" I said. Then slammed my fist on a wall. I heard laughing. I've heard that laughing before. It was the laughter of the sick bastard himself. The Oculus Gouger was here with us. And he was close. That's when I heard a scream. Instant terror flooded my system. I screamed and clutched my head and fell to my knees. That was my mothers scream.

"Alice, ALICE you mustn't let him get to you!" My father was knelt beside me holding me when Jace came and did the same. He whispered in my ear, "It's okay, Alice, listen to my voice. You have plenty of time. This is just to make you lose your focus. Concentrate on what you need to do to get out of this hall."

I sat and thought. Then I closed my eyes. What I saw behind my eyes was probably the best thing that's happened since I dropped into this game. I stood up and walked because I knew where I was going. No one asked where I was going. Until I found the end of the hall.
"How did you-..." My dad asked. Then stopped because I wasn't going to talk anyway.
We continued. And as we moved along, light grew brighter and brighter. I got tired of waiting then ran. So did everyone else. When we got to the end, I was so pissed off I was screaming. And not little girl screams. Screams filled with rage and hate.

What I saw was gut wrenching. My mom was hanging in a ball, seemingly lifeless, her eyes gouged out of her head. Her body pale, like a ghost. Then the sick bastard dropped from the ceiling.

"Well, I see you made it out of my precious maze alive, and with your friends even and-." His voice trailed off and he looked directly at Jace. Then in the lowest, creepiest, insanity filled voice he said to him, " You should be dead Jason Collins." Jace was stuck to where he stood. And he was filled with fear. He tried to speak when I turned to look at him. I gave him a look to keep his mouth shut. Then I turned to the Gouger and said, "What do you mean he should be dead you sick mother fucker?"

"I kill off all traitors. Wouldn't you, Alice?" I turned to Jace again. "What does he mean traitor?"

He sighed. A long, sad sigh. He looked up and looked me directly in the eye and said, "I'm sorry Alice. I was the one that took your mother. I was, spying on you for months under his orders. I didn't want to. But I had to. And I understand that you're going to hate me forever. And I deserve your wrath."

I heard this and thought about what he said about his family. So I asked him about it.

"If what you just said is true, then what about your family that you supposedly lost to this bastard?"
"That was all true. His rule is 'If you can not save them, you shall become my slave and do my bidding.' And I failed." His face grew dark. I felt sorry for him. So I took that sorrow, rage, pain, and every other emotion I felt at that time, and let it explode. Light and fire erupted in the cavern and I, well I was in the air, with horns growing from my head, wings sprouting from my back, and fire glowing behind my eyes. I stood there. And the Oculus Gouger, he was standing there, his hideous mouth hanging open. Then he started to melt. And I thought that was the end of it all. But boy was I wrong.