Chapter 11: Shit hits the fan

He was morphing. Into something else, and it wasn't hideous. It looked... Human. He stood up. His eyes were blood red. He had a slender face with grey hair. He was skinny. Like, bone skinny. He wore a red and black suit. His void wasn't as creepy. But it was the voice of a madman.
"Alice, Alice, Alice. You were the last I expected to be a Firesoul. Now that I know that it's you," he paused for a second, " I'll have to KILL YOU." He lunged at me. I dodged and then built a rock wall so the others wouldn't get hurt. He lunged again, I dodged again. Then I looked in his hand. He had the biggest blade I've ever seen. A 5 foot long sword with a golden snake wrapped around the handle. The snake moved.

"Well, if you're going to bring a knife to a fist fight," I said, creating my blade in my mind," then two can play your sick fucking game!" I raised my sword above my head and knocked his out of his hand. Then tossed mine away. I stood a good 10 feet from where he lay.

"If there's anything I know about a fight," I said, anger growing in my voice, "It's that you NEVER LOSE TO YOUR OPPONENT, NO MATTER HOW TOUGH THEY ARE!" I swung a fiery punch at him and he caught it. That's right. He caught it.

"Ah Alice, you couldn't be more ignorant. I am the supreme ruler of Wonderland. I own this throne. I own this land. And most of all I-" I cut him short with a blast of fire to the face. He screamed and howled in pain. He looked at me, rage filled his eyes. I stared back. No expression on my face. Then he started walking toward me. I waited until he got about two inches from my face. Big mistake. 

One motion, and he had me by the throat. I could feel his razor sharp nails digging into the soft flesh of my neck. I let it all play out. I couldn't bear the smell of his breath. The stench of death. "You are powerless, Alice. You have no control. You are worthless. Bow to me, and you won't be killed. Your friends will go free and they will live safely. They won't be harmed. Even Jace." He said. I couldn't breathe. The longer that I stayed silent, the tighter his grip got. So I did all I could do. Play Possum.

I let my body go limp. I felt my body hit the floor too. I heard him grunt and move towards my face. I waited. And waited. Until,

"NOW!" I yelled. Fire built a wall around him. There was no way out. I heard him scream. I waited until he stopped. Then lowered the wall. Nothing but ash was left where he stood. I lowered the wall around my colleagues as well. So they could see. Then I remembered..
"Mom." I looked over to the bubble she had been trapped in. I ran to her. "How do I get this thing down?" I asked Rabbit. Then remembered the swords. Before he can reply I race over to them and grab one. Then hurl it at the bubble. My mom fell from her holding. My dad caught her, thankfully. 

"Marisa. Wake up. Please?" My dad spoke to her. But he knew she couldn't hear him. I looked at them. They looked miserable. I closed my eyes and grit my teeth. I swore under my breath.
"Come on. We have to get out of here. Before the whole damn place burns down." I walked to a window, and made a staircase out of trees. I told everyone to get out of here. I stayed behind for a minute. Then continued after them. 

"We must get her to the Red Queen. Before it's too late." Rabbit said. I kept looking off West. I don't know why. Then my dad said that we needed to go. So I followed everyone. Still looking West.