Chapter 9: Jason Collins

The boy I saw was...wow. He... oh my God. He was perfect. I just looked at him. For a long time. My dad caught me staring and said something. "He's in bad shape. He needs to be healed."
I looked at him and touched his face. All of the burns on his face and arms disappeared . I willed the fire to die down. I was kneeling over the boy. I wiped the dirt and shit off his face. And sat there and waited for him to wake up. When he did, it was his eyes that got me.

He was pale. With black hair, blue eyes, and the most amazing face you could ever see. I've never seen someone this perfect. He tried to speak but his voice came out cracked and raspy.
"Get him some water." I asked without taking my eyes off of him. A few minutes later the rabbit handed me a cup. I put it to his lips. "C'mon. You gotta drink it." He drank long and slow. When the cup was empty, Rabbit refilled it. The beautiful stranger tried to talk again. His voice wasn't as bad this time. But it was still pretty bad. I made him drink until he didn't sound like shit.

"Who are you?" I asked.
"My name is..." He sounded unsure of talking. So I smiled.
"Hey," I said, " I have a feeling that you're here for the same reason I am.
"And whats that?" He said.
"That asshole Oculous Gouger took someone or something from you."
"Yeah, but, the thing he took from me..." He got a sad look in his eyes. I understood what happened. He didn't have to say anything. The Oculous Gouger killed his family.
I put my hand on his shoulder. I made him look me in the eyes (Which were apparently blood red at the time). And said, "I understand. I'm looking for my mom. He took her from me. And I'm going to save her."
"Then you're going to need help." I heard that from behind me. I turned to see the hare and the Hatter standing with my dad and Rabbit unscathed. I smiled.
"I was just coming to get you. You guys okay?"
"Of course we are. Do you not see us standing proudly?" Hatter said. I laughed.
" Then lets get our asses moving. I've got people to save."
"Hey, m-my name is, Jason. Jason Collins. My friends called me Jace." The boy said.
I smiled. "Nice to meet you Jace." He smiled.
"Alright! Let's get moving!" We walked through the maze. Which was now scorched. I heard something behind me. I turned to look. Nothing. Then I realized what it was and I realized too late.

One of those ugly shadow fucks is trying to fly me away from everyone. That's when it started melting. I dropped a good 20 feet before wings came out of my back. I caught myself and flew over to my group. Everyone stared. Even Jace. I stood there for a second. Then my wings dissolved. I was ready to kill the asshole. And I was going to make his death slow and painful.

I started walking the end of this sick maze. Where I found something familiar. It was small and round. The door to Wonderland. Surprisingly I still had the key. I opened the door. And went in. Everyone followed. And I'm sure this is the final battle.

The MadnessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara