03- Tears of anxiety and anguish.

NO SILENT READING PLEASE!

AT LEAST VOTE!

03— Tears of anxiety and anguish.

“Words mean nothing until and unless it is felt.”

— Saumya Tripathi

“Doesn't everything feel strange?” With a lump in my throat and a tight feeling in my chest which seeped into the veins, I exhaled with difficulty. 

He left without even sparing a single glance my way. That was the only question which was resounding in my psyche, all together as if everything was normal for him. 

Minutes ambled by. . .

Standing there, alone in the foreign room with just my little brother and me, and no- one else: just us, I stood stunned and, most probably confused and dumbfounded. I wasn't able to proceed regarding what had happened. 

But the heavy questions remained in my mind, hovering over me, disturbing me with more questions to which I didn't have any answers, unsteadily revolting me to no end.

Why would he want us here? What would he get while abducting us? Why was he forcing us to stay with him? Who was he, anyway?

With the heart in my mouth, everything felt surreal.

Aghast with the questions, I stood there unmoving. I could not come to comprehend the situation in which I was finding myself entangled within. How did that even happen? 

I blinked and blinked twice to clear my vision of anguished tears which were coming anew.

Inadvertently, still nonplussed, I retreated with tentative steps up to the sidewall of the room, sliding downwards through it. I sat there without blinking this time. Holding a sleeping kid in my arms, closer to my heaving chest, I clasped my mouth with my other hand to refrain from crying out loud. Still, though, a sob escaped from my mouth, unknowingly. My tears-filled eyes remained downcast as I mulled over the unfortunate situation I just let myself in. 

How? And most probably why?! The questions still stayed unanswered. I didn't even remember how they were able to get us in here. I did not remember anything at all.

A knock sounded rather loud in the whole empty room coming from outside the brownish-black wooden door. Startled at the unexpected loud sound, I jumped, horrified with a hammering heart. Immediately, I wiped my tears-strained cheeks from the back of my hand vigorously not wanting to show anyone my vulnerable state. Because I shouldn't trust anyone here. 

"Can we come in, Miss?" A high-pitched feminine voice asked from outside the door just after knocking three times before.

"Y-yes" I stammered, my tone timid. Still frozen on the floor with trepidation, I gulped. Did he send her?