Part two.

I cannot thank you enough for supporting this story so far!

Please feel free to share your opinion with me. 

Part two.

Gathering up the broken pieces of strength I had left while making up my mind, I took a small hesitant yet deliberate step towards his black glistering Audi while glancing at my brother now and then for any sign of danger lurking behind, but I found none. Clamping the edge of the door in my hand, I squeezed my fingers tightly as much as I could. To make myself feel some pain— any pain: physical pain. Mental stress, as well as internal pain, was too much for me to carry. 

My eyes held fear when met with his as he exhorted: "Go on! Do not fret, he will be just beside you in no time." 

Still dubious, I finally emboldened myself to carry on. Upon sitting on the seat, the door shut closed by him not wasting a single second. And not a second later, the other side of the door opened and he sat in his own aristocratic way. Without glancing back at me. Not even for a moment, not even once. I drew down the burning lump of saliva in my throat but waited. Waited for him to hand me, my brother, back.

Despite being quiet the whole time, there were voices inside my skull which were making me disquieted. But it was only when he closed the door of the car on his side, that the present state penetrated my mind fully. Bafflement broke as I jolted awake and jerked away from him. “Shaur,” it came out garbled and muffled. However, it was audible enough. I could hear my breath come out through the nose and come in through the mouth. 

"Where is he?" I asked acidly when I found no one in the car except the two of us apart from two men sitting in the front. Panic evolved into sadness and then sadness evolved into…fear.

After waiting for quite a moment for him to give my brother back. When on the contrary, he stayed put without even inching, I sat still. 

He stared, tilting his head towards me before opening his mouth:

"Don't be concerned. He's perfectly safe. The moment we reach our destination he will be given to you."

Turning away from me, he nodded, and instantly the car began moving.

My heart plummeted inside my chest at his casual way of saying something for someone so close, so precious to my heart. And the tiny ray of hope I had, came apart. I ended up bursting into tears. Voices chanted again and again— the same thing in my head as I stared mutely at him for his flat denial, and not after a long moment, the new brimming set of tears in my eyes sprung and my lips wobbled and I ended up: bawling, eventually. 

I burst into tears due to my exertion and frustration and afflictions.

"I said he'd be given to you! Why are you crying now?" His impassive face twisted as the clean colour of his face became pale. I wanted to say so many things; accuse him of lying to me. But I couldn't. 

Covering my face with both— already trembling hands, hiding it from everyone in the car. I hollered out. I cried grievously, pouring all my emotions into my tears as I cried, so heartbreakingly. 

"Little one, I said: he'd be given to you once we have reached,” he sputtered, astounded with distress. His face became too pale as he said that. It was hurting to see how he lied about it. To see how he lied about giving my brother to me.