15- Talks and beseeching! (Part-3)

15— Talks and beseeching! (Part-3)

“We judge people as it is obvious psychology of humans to do so. But the question is: is it worth it? To judge everyone based on how they look? By how do they present themselves? By how do they choose to act? Because some people ought to be felt rather than observed. As you truly cannot judge people by their outer layers, that would be so unfair, some people should only be gazed upon by their hearts instead of eyes.”

— Saumya Tripathi 

“However, if I have to, I will. But you already know that. Don't you?” 

I did. 

His deep, uncaring tone sent chills down my spine. “It totally depends upon what you choose.” 

He waited.

“Either it is your way or mine but the path needs to be the same.”

Anger spiked in my stomach as if molten lava had been kept in it. I needed to get over this. I needed to get away from him. I had to get over it as quickly as possible. I had to! Because I didn't have much of a choice. As if knowing my state, the breeze picked up. Darkness had finally caught up to me. I had nothing but my rational mind to talk things out with him; to sort things out with him. There were voices inside my head, then there weren't. It was like after a while my mind seemed to be blanked out. I felt a rush of heat all over my body. I had to try once again— maybe then if it worked out the way I wanted it to, he might let us return to our normal life again— the one where I did not have to face him anymore. My dark long mane flowed wildly around my face now and then as a cold breeze passed by. 

I was almost home. And then— I wasn't. The freedom wasn't lost yet. I hoped it wasn't. Or was it? 

Everything was quiet except for the heavy rainfall. 

I had to try.

Slowly glancing over him I met his piercing dark orbs, instantly making me shudder with their smoulders, and had my breath freeze in my throat. After a long, hard moment of staring, he inculcated: “Do you really want your brother, little one?” 

Suddenly, it was as if the world had stopped spinning at his inquiry. The rain seemed to be as silent as a crept; firmament— pitch black with a certain menacing aura around the vicinity. Around us.

I shuddered.

I couldn't reply. 

“Come on, it must not be that hard to reply. Is it? I am waiting,” he urged. “Otherwise your lack of answer would make me believe that you really love him at all as you have proclaimed.”

“I do,” I conceded with my wet face.

It poured heavily without any restraint. 

“Thought so,” he contemplated. “Are you willing to do anything to have him back?”

I meekly nodded, knowing well enough what he had on mind. 

“So, I will give you a choice. Wouldn't that be great?” He paused. “The freedom of choice. Wouldn't you say?”

I never replied.

“I would take that as a yes, then.”

After all that mental work, I felt drained.