06- A word with my Saviour.

06— A word with my Saviour.

“And in the end, we all need a friend who would listen to what we have to say.”

—Saumya Tripathi 

“Wouldn't life be simpler for once?” 

Ebbing away the feeling of apprehension, I chanted, and chanted repeatedly, drowning myself in my own belief that I would go. 

I will go, implicitly.

"I'll soon be away from here. I just have to be patient and wait for the right movement to flip and escape." I contemplated inwardly.

Reconciling, I enthused and sighed constantly for a few seconds before it was cut short. 

"Don't be so imaginative about your never happening escape plan, my little dove. It will not work nor will I let it happen since I'll be making sure of it," he piqued at me incredulously as though reading my psyche's talk.

In spite of jumping at his all-so-sudden tone, the first time my temper flared and I glared up, defiantly at him.

Persistence and determination were what cannot be snatched away from anyone. 

Not away from me. Both of them were in my genes. 

Persistent as I was— I will never renounce my efforts. 

And determination— neither will I give up on my persistence, that was, escaping from this very ominous situation. I reckoned.

"No, probably not. Since I am not even imagining it, I know I can go. And I will," I said through my teeth forcing out the words, glaring up.

He glared right back down at me.

His clean obsidian eyes narrowed into slits at my proclamation.

We glared without saying a word. 

Silence. 

He glared with certain vehemence in his glaze. But I did not back down either. I too looked firmly at him. He will not always bully me. I will not let him.

I added, "You are a total stranger to us whom we don't know anything about and my parents will never allow us to remain in a stranger's house even for a night at any cost let alone permit us to stay here!" However my voice was firm despite my crumbling insides, there was something familiar in his obstinate gaze that I could not come to pinpoint. 

His face turned blank for a second. 

"Although, when the parents are already dead?" He asked, eyes cold and sounding annoyed but strained.

Standing nonplussed, I felt my tears coming up again. 

How did he come to know that? My lips wobbled with anguish, and my orbs of gleaming tears felt full.