Part Two.

Part two.

That grim smile sent a mystified shiver of apprehension in my entire back. His smile was so innocent with dimples popping out on both of his cheeks, but the look could be deceiving as I didn't dare to neglect the look in his eyes: lethal.

"Yes, why? I'm one of your well-wishers and your guardian, of course. Who wants good for—" his eyes raked from me to my lap. Knowing instantly where he was hinting, I tried to cradle Shaur to me in such a way that he was underneath my Dupatta, hidden from his devious eyes, fully.

Catching my eyes a few seconds later, his smile got even bigger if it was even possible, with white full-toned teeth peeking from his light pink lips. Another perspiration of dread rolled from my neck to my back. He continued, "Your brother and you." 

Such snot! 

"Why are you here?" I asked instead, glaring with full intensity as much as my eyes could muster.

"Why, my dear bird? Of course to take you— both with me to where you belong!" His tone was polite as a friend from childhood, enthused.

I sat dumbfounded. What? Did he just say what I heard? And he became my guardian from when?

"Child, is he the one you were waiting for? Your uncle perhaps? Or has he come to receive you on his behalf? Is everything alright? You look rather shaken up," a very soft but concerned voice made me turn my head up in its direction. My anger evaporated just a little at the suave lady with worrisome lines on her forehead with care showing in her eyes for me. I needed someone badly right now. I was about to tell her the truth when a very polite and warm voice spoke before me and made me freeze on the spot.

"Yes. I am here to escort both of them to their uncle safely as he got stuck in this very stormy weather. Thus, he had to send me to take them both back to him safely and soundly. As you can see. Right, Radhika?"

My head snapped like a whip at his unforeseen reference to me before I could think about the consequences. Upon completing his sentence, he stared down at me with emotions that were full of warnings. His eyes searched mine as he continued, "And I have people outside this train to ensure your safety and to take you and the little guy over here back till you securely reach your home to where you belong," his soft-spoken sentence had certain warnings within that I understood almost instantly.

Gesticulating with his eyes from my direction up to the windows, he shrugged. My heart slightly stopped for a movement when I saw what awaited me outside this very train as I chased his gaze.   

Men! Many of them. Men— that I had confronted dimly not very long back. Clad in black from head to toe with dark black spectacles over their eyes, hiding the monsters within them. My eyes kept blinking rapidly, matching the pace of my thudding heart. Now, I was afraid— moreover, I was— terrified.

"They are here for me to take you both safely. To go back home from where you came," he said simply, regarding me intently, his eyes were as black as coal with a hint of, maybe a threat in them. Tearing my disbelieving and wayward eyes from those men that stood outside the window, pretending to be busy. I turned my head rather meekly as I asked:

"What do you want?" 

Leaning a little upon his waist, he rubbed his left jaw which was full of grown beards on it, with his right index finger in contemplation, elbows on separate thighs, legs spread apart. Eyes holding mine. I sat looking back at him, dreading the answer.