you [5]

I hear his voice close to my ear, his breath hitting the back on my neck. He takes a hold of my hand and laces our fingers together. I can feel how sweaty his palm is because he had his fists clenched. His voice was lovely to hear, it made me shiver and it raised goosebumps on my pale skin. 

"Just follow my lead for a second, okay?" He asks me, doesn't give me a glace my way but looks ahead. I removed my hand from his, thinking it's all happening to quick. Instead I grab a hold of his arm and pull myself closer to him. 

"You're absolutely nuts," I tell Mark as we make it to the building. I try to hid my face from everyone so they don't get a good glance of my face. 

"Didn't know they would find me." He's quick to say to me. His brown eyes meets my blue ones before smiling brightly. 

"They're paparazzi, though." 

"Exactly. They do not respect when I go out with someone just to hang out. I still don't get why they follow me," his expression changes as he removes me from having a death hold on his arm. 

"You're the most richest man in Washington State. You know why they follow you." I say with all seriousness in my voice. He creates a cough trying to change the subject of him to something else. I don't think he comes up with the next topic as silence takes over. 

"Would you kill me if tomorrow there are articles about us being together?" Mark's question makes me raise my eyebrows. 

"Why would I kill you?" 

"In together I mean us dating." He tries and explains to me. A concerned Mark looks at me through the dim light in the room. It's entirely dark but for some reason I can see how he's scared to hear what I have to say. 

"D-dating? Why would they think that?" I give a dull laugh. Here we go again with the idea of us being together. 

"Anyone would think it because I've been married before to a...." he pauses to tell me, "to a guy." 

I pause. My voice wavers when I question, "you have been married?" I regret the question because Mark brings back the grim look on his face and the mood in the room we're standing in turns somber. It made me hold my breath as if a bomb would drop and destroy anything in a split second. 

"Almost married. Still, every guy, no matter if he is family or a friend, they think I am dating them." Like I saw awhile ago he pulls at his tie to lets it become loose.  I instantly think of him back at his office going through loads of paper work and having his schedule booked back to back. 

He decides to take a risk. 

"I need wine or something," he speaks to himself out loud. Almost missing the fact that I'm standing right next to him in his abnormally huge house. He doesn't think twice before telling me to stay put as he goes upstairs. 

I decide that he shouldn't keep demanding me to do things I don't want to do. So, I wonder into his living room that have the nice looking couches lining the walls and in front of a huge white window that look out to the night sky. I had to take two glances at the tv on the wall and the game console's he had under the tv. 

Who would have thought?

Definitely not me.

"I don't have a kid if that's what you're thinking." I almost bit my tongue to keep a smart remark from falling out of my mouth. When I turn around I see him in a plan t-shirt and some joggers. It's so foreign to see him in something other than a suit or dressy attire. I move my eyes to look elsewhere rather than his body. I keep quiet.

"Why are you so shy now, Sean?" I take a seat on his couch and I feel like I'm sitting on a cloud, it's so comfortable. 

"This is too weird for me. I really should go," I tell Mark honestly. This situation was making my head spin thus making my head hurt. 

"Weird? How so? We're just friends you know. Nothing is odd about this situation, you should relax a bit." I look out the window and see the night sky has gotten darker since we have been out. 

"I guess I have been too cautious around you. I really need to wind down." My stiff shoulders slump down. I try and let my guard down a little as I watch Mark get a certain bottle down from a shelf. I recognize it instantly. 

This bastard wants to drink? 

I can already tell how this night will turn out. Either he will get piss drunk and we mess around with one another or we both get piss drunk at the same time and not remember the night before. Both sound fun, but, not exactly how I pictured the start to my weekend. How did I end up here again? 

He gets a glass for himself and pours some of that wine into the cup and brings it to his lips to drink some. I really want to ask to have a taste, even if I'm not legal to have a drink here. Who even set the drinking limit to twenty-one here, anyways? 

He gives me a look after swishing the wine around in the crystal clear wine glass. I can't decide what the look means or what it should mean. It should feel awkward that we're staring at each other whereas I think talking would be the wrong thing to do here. 

After a few days, you know, after I stood him up that one night, he decided to ask me out again. Promises it will be a dinner just as friends, just something casual at a semi-pricey place. He drank a bit at dinner but nothing too extreme. And if he drinks some more I'm sure he will be on the brink of being a little tipsy. He sure looks like he can hold his alcohol well. 

"What happened to your 'almost marriage'?" This makes him look away from me and puts down the glass he's drinking from. I mean, if he got that serious with someone, that's not a woman may I add, what the hell happened? How did it become like it is now? 

"I know what you are thinking. What happened? Weren't you happy?" He smiles and looks down. "It's not like 'oh, we wanted different things' or 'we found out we didn't actually love each other'. Nothing like that at all. It just didn't work out. End of discussion." Mark kept his answer short and I wished that I could let it go. I really did. 

"So, you are gay then?" I can feel my heart beating faster as I approach the almost dangerous questions you can ask a person. I know we haven't known each other long but he basically knows my whole life story. Why can't I be curious about him? 

"Want to find out?" He asks me. 

It's a simple question, really. 

Though, I do deny him equally as fast. 

__________________________________

A/N: 

Here is a chapter before this week of hell. I basically have tests so I will try to publish another chapter during the week continuing where this left off, no promises though. If anything I will push it to the weekend. 

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and tell me your thoughts (: