Closer [7]

It wasn't over. Mark's feelings never left, it had a permanent spot between us. As the time slowly passed by us it was already the new year, Mark was busy as ever and my internship was partly over. When I mean 'partly over' I mean Mark didn't want to get rid of me.

I sit on the way-too-comfortable chair and have my chin resting on my palm of my hand. My arm hurts by my head leaning onto it as my elbow digs into Mark's glass desk. A small line just shows where my elbow was resting. He never wanted me to leave. He sneaks me up into his office every day just to show how much he wants me near him.

My eyes are directly on his hand that is holding the pen, signing papers, and every now and then he catches my eyes. A deep ocean blue meets a dark brown and a little smiles rests on my face. Together we act like teenagers doing something that could get us both caught.

Those few months that passed felt like a breeze. One second it was late into the year, the coldness would reach your face and it would feel like a sharp pain that hit your skin. Now it's early into the year and each day that passes gets closer to my birthday.

As I continue to stare at Mark he drops his pen and shuffles to get the papers in order and straight and once he does he smiles slightly. He calls in his assistant to come and get the papers. Her voice was heard when she said something back. Mark makes his way over to me and I swivel the chair towards him to stand up.

"We need to go out and eat, Sean." Mark's lovely voice reaches my ears and it doesn't even bother me when he uses my birth name. I give him a small nod and a smile as I watch him gives papers to his assistant and speaks a bit to her.

"What are you staring at?" He asks, watching me intently as I bring my lip between my teeth.

The sexual tension between us is killing us both slowly.

"Nothing just staring," I tell him. I get up on my feet and when I walk over to Mark he closes the space between us. Taking my hips towards his he moves his lips onto mine to give me a chaste kiss. Sure, it was innocent. But the small love bites on my neck weren't.

-

Infatuated I was. It took all my courage not to move closer to Mark when we were out in the public eye. For Mark he didn't mind if my hand was in his, or if his own two hands were on my hips from hugging me from behind. It's just small gestures that made these moment more enjoyable.

"I have a proposition," Mark starts talking ready to tell me what he has to say, "you should be my assistant." I sense his playfulness in his voice and the funny look on his face when I do a double take.

"As if I would." I roll my eyes as I try not to catch his gaze. There is a lot of space between us and the quite huge table we're sitting at outside. Mark mumbles something under his breath and it makes me kick his shin under the table. He laughs, eyes squinting and hands moving to his sides as his laugh gets louder each second that goes by.

"Not. Funny. Stop saying those sexual things, it doesn't work on me you know." I start to fan my face a bit- hoping I'm not even slightly red in the face.

"Oh, I know. Nothing works on you. Blah, blah, blah." His voice gets muffled by the cup he brings to his lips. He drinks the coffee he has in his hands and I swear I hear him trying to say 'blah, blah, blah' even through him drinking. I never stop smiling at him.

"Still something is telling me that you're hiding something, hmm?" My fork drops onto my plate as I finish eating my food, same thing happens to him as well.

"What would I hide from you?" I give him a question in hopes he'll answer.

"It's not that we don't spend almost every single day from each other because we do. Why won't you come live with me?"