melted [8]

Mark didn't wait to answer the phone- if I knew any better he was waiting for my call. His voice reached my ears and instantly brought a smile onto my face and made me grin. 

"You weren't expecting me to call were you?" I playfully ask as the grin never leaves my face. I hear him let a laugh and I can hear him breathing into the phone. 

"You caught me. I love hearing your voice, what can I say?" Mark is completely blunt as he tells me this. Before I get too caught up on flirting with each other I decide I need to blunt as well. Mark needs to know this...

"Listen, I know I said I would call my parents and tell them tonight but it's late there," I wait a moment and I hear moving on the other side of the phone. It sounds like papers and I hear the man give me a quiet hum to keep talking. 

"Well..." I trail off, not exactly knowing how to put it, "I need to tell you something instead." I hear something drop and Mark spits out a curse. I can't help but move my phone to my other hand and wipe the hand that was holding the phone- I am sweating too much. 

"Sean, love, please just tell me. I get you can't tell your parents about us or what we do, however, what is it that's displeasing you?" Mark asks me this question and I get stunned for a moment. 

"Displeasing?" I ask back to him. "Nothing is displeasing. I'm just concerned of what you'll think of this." I can tell Mark urges me to continue but I just can't get the right words out. I swallow and take a deep breath. I look over my shoulder and see Felix still laying on my bed watching me, observing how I act with Mark over a phone call. 

"Fuck. Okay. Mark, I got suspended from school and I'm just disappointed in myself." I didn't hear anything as the seconds passed by. His voice pulls be back from the edge I have been leaning on, making sure I take careful steps towards him. 

"Sean, you were worried I'd be angry at you? Why would I ever?" 

I want to scream out I did it.

"N-no. I mean yes I would think that but with everything going on between us I hated to think about it. It was like something eating me up inside. I just care about you and I wouldn't be able to stand myself if you.. started to not like me anymore." I whispered the last part in hopes Felix wouldn't think I was falling deep. I heard the bed creak and looked up to Felix who took my phone away from my hand. 

I tried to get the phone back but Felix was taller than me and it was funny to him to see me try to get it. 

"Yo, are you coming to this party or what? You too rich for some partying?" Felix pushed me away which caused me to fall back on my bed. I stopped trying to get my phone back but I flushed a bit at what Felix was saying. Oh god he better not loathe my best friend! What if-

"Great! Just come to our dorms and for sure you'll have a fun time with little Jackaboy here." Felix didn't think twice before hanging up on Mark which left me with my mouth open. 

"Put a fucking shirt on and meet your boyfriend outside, you need it tonight." Felix left the room with a smile on his face and grabbed his jacket before leaving our dorm room and my heart was beating so fast I could hear it. The room was dead quiet but I could only hear my heartbeat. 

_________

"Jackaboy? What kind of nickname is that?" Mark tries to interrogate me as we walk to where this party was happening. The wind kicks up and the red dyed hair looks extremely attractive on Mark. I look at him, cheeks flushed from the cold, and shrug not wanting to explain the nickname.