1- White Escimo

DO NOT JUDGE THIS BOOK BY THE FIRST 10-20ish CHAPTERS, IT DOES GET BETTER I PROMISE. I AM GOING TO START RE-WRITING THE FIRST HALF OF THE BOOK JUST BARE WITH ME AND DON'T GIVE UP ON THIS BOOK BEFORE YOU REACH THE END PLEASE:):):)

Skye's P.O.V

"Don't ever let a boy toy with your emotions, its not worth it baby- no ones worth your tears okay?" My mum looked at me through glassy eyes.

"Thanks mum." I reached out, squeezing her hand.

She gave me a knowing smile, her weak hand trembling in mine.
"I won't" I smiled reassuringly.

She shut her eyes, drifting back to sleep. I hated seeing her like this, her heart monitor beeping away, backgrounding the scenario.

She looked so small in her hospital bed, so fragile. It made my heart ache. Someone who was once my hero, my saviour, my world.

When I was younger, I used to watch her. Whatever she was doing, whether it be doing the washing, making me a sandwich, driving me to school.. Whatever it was, I would always think that she was the best. No one knew better than her. She was the cleverest, strongest person on earth and she was magical.

Things are different now, she's still amazing. She's my inspiration, she's still my hero. However, I now know that she's also just a human, no amount of motherly magic is going to take away her cancer.

*end of flashback*

I haven't been able to concentrate throughout the whole of class. Mrs. Adams' lecture about the importance of maths is somewhat less important than the health of my mother- funnily enough. My mind is too occupied with memories of mum that I have just forgotten to listen.

I'm glad that the cancer is less severe now, her treatment seemed to work. The cancer isn't completely cured. But she lives at home with me, constant care provided for her from our nurse, Lucy. Luckily I'm nearly 18 so I can look after myself.

" Skye Morris, I hope your listening!" Mrs. Adams stern voice pierced through my chain of thought.

I shook my head and looked back to the front to where my professor had sprawled a bunch of unimportant figures across the whiteboard.

Class finally finished and I waited outside for my best friend.
"Hola" she smiles, walking bouncily out of the class.

"Bonjour." I smile. "Ergh, I glad that's over. I hate math."

Evie looks at at me with sarcastic puppy eyes.
"don't we all."

"what have you got now?" I asked her.
"We've got assembly." she stated, smirking a little.
"ergh." I groan, rolling my eyes.
"It's not bad apparently its a music assembly?" she puzzles.

"Oh great violins and flutes, woo." I laugh unconvincingly.
"No..." she starts, " The White Eskimos are playing."

Oh brilliant. It's not that they were a bad band, its just that...He was in it.
Harry Styles, in the year above me in college...
I hate him.

I walk into assembly, as soon as I walked in I could feel Harry's eyes hooked on me. I look over at him giving him a cold look. He looks me up and down flirtatiously, I give him the evils.

It's an odd exchange of looks and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I want his prying eyes off me.

"The hot one is staring at you!"
I jumped as Evie giggled into my ear.
"No he's not." I scoffed, for some reason feeling myself blush.
" He is! That's Harry from the year above right?" she asked, sitting next to me.
"Yep." I said, bluntly popping the P.
" I don't understand what you have against him?" She giggled, nudging me.
" Nothing, I just...I don't like that guy."

The assembly started and White Escimo was introduced, they stood up on stage and began singing 'summer of 69' Throughout the song harry gave me glances and I just rolled my eyes...

I don't think I will ever tell a soul why I dislike Harry, but believe me I have my reasons.

---------------------------------

yes I know its really short but its just a start, give me feedback? thanks guys, much appreciated xxx