66- Paul's Bar

My heart pounded in my hollow feeling chest as I could feel his presence looming over me.

"You moved?" His voice sounds much more defeated and quiet than usual.

I don't trust my voice to be stable enough to speak to him so I just nod my head quickly.

"Why?" He asks me.

This is embarrassing, I can feel Samantha staring at us in shock.

"Because I wanted to, now let me and Samantha get back to our work please." I say confidently, I don't feel it though.

My insides are pulsing and contracting, my palms sweaty and my heart achy.

Harry looks taken back, he certainly wasn't expecting me to act like this. He probably thought he could just come over here, speak to me for a few minutes and I would move next to him again. He needs to learn that I don't need him, and that he can't just walk all over me and expect me to be okay with it.

Okay so maybe I do need him, but he can't walk all over me. Well maybe a little.

But I need to make him think that I'm strong and independent enough to survive without him fine.

"I don't have a partner anymore." he says blankly, I still don't look up at him.

"That's not my problem Harry." I cross my arms and stare down at the table in front of me.

"Well it is actually, it's your fault I don't have a partner. You moved." He says and I can tell he's trying to pull my levers and make me angry. It's not going to work.

"Maybe you should have considered this before you tried and push me out of your life?" I say, in an upbeat, suggestive tone and flicker my eyes his way for just a second.

His jaw drops slightly and he frowns.

"Skye, can we talk somewhere more private please? After college, how's seven? I'll pick you up from yours?" He mumbles, as much as I would love to be with the guy I love. I know that is what weak Skye would do, I can't give into him this easily.

"Busy sorry." I shrug, not even looking at him and continuing my work.

"Tomorrow?" He asks with elements of plead behind his voice. All I want is to accept his offer, but I just know that I can't.

All he will say is that he thinks he's not good enough and that he will hurt me. I don't want to hear that again.

"I think maybe you should go back to your seat." I suggest lowly, I see his fingers twitch into a first and he lets out a frustrated moan.

My heart sinks as he walks away, I know I've been pushing him away now but I did still kind of want him to stay.

"He scares me." Samantha giggles geekishly beside me and I can't help but snigger.

Harry's not scary! He's just... different.

"He's fine once you get to know him, trust me." I say quietly, thinking back to all the times me and Harry got along.

"So why did you move seats?" Samantha asks, blinking rapidly and adjusting her glasses.

Maybe Samantha is the perfect person to talk to about this stuff. She's not going to have much of an opinion and she isn't in the group of people me and Harry hang with.

"I thought maybe I needed some time away from him, things got a bit messed up between us I guess." I tell her and she nods eagerly.

"Do you really like him?"