29- Sorry Dex

When I arrive upstairs, people look at me. It's obvious that they're judging me, they're looking me as if I have shit on my head or something. I'm glad me and Harry didn't come out at the same time, then there would be mayhem with his precious Sophie.

I keep my head down and walk into the living room, everyone seems pretty engrossed in their own conversations and each other. Me, I feel like an outsider. I feel like I'm not even part of this room, part of this party.. Part of anything. I've got no one to talk to, well it feels that way. The alcohol is stirring up my thought pattern and now I can't be sure of anything.

All I know is that I'm standing alone at a party full of people yet feel so alone, feel so lost- so confused. I don't know what to think of the Harry thing. How could I let myself laugh with him? I suck at being annoyed at him. It's like I can't keep my guard up around him, he has this way of tearing town all of my walls and it's good while it lasts, but the aftermath is tiring and painful.

In some ways, I wish he would get out of my life. In fact, sometimes I wish he never came into it, yeah. That would be easier, if I never knew him. If I never got involved in his mind games and tricks. Maybe then I could have just been happy with dexter with no complications, no tears and no confusion. Harry just messes up my head and I want him to stop, it's hard to keep track of where were at.

"Skye!" I hear Briah's voice but I'm too drunk to determine where it came from. A small pair of hands hold my shoulders and spin me around. It's blurry for a sec but then Briah's curly ginger hair comes into view. I smile sloppily and hug her.

"You alright? Have you had a bit to drink?" She giggles, her dimples peaking out slightly. She's the cutest person, ever.

"Yeah a tad." I laugh. She frowns and pushes me playfully, I stumble backwards and she bursts out giggling like a small child.

"Have you seen Evie?" I ask her.

"Erm, last I heard she went outside to talk to Sophie." Briah smiles and nods to confirm her statement.

"Sophie? Why, what happened?" My thought process is twisted up with alcohol but I know Sophie's name is bad news.

"They're friends aren't they?" Naive little Briah giggles.

I shrug, "I guess" but the possibilities of why Sophie would want to talk to Evie conveniently after Evie kissed Harry hover in my mind.

"Dance with mee" Briah smiles and holds her hand out. I subtly wince but take it anyway, she leads me out into the middle of the room, I zone out, my mind is otherwise occupied.

After talking, giggling and half heartedly dancing with excitable tipsy Briah, I decide I've had enough and make an excuse that I need the toilet.

I head trippily up the stairs in attempt to navigate myself to the bathroom, luckily the first door I open is the bathroom. I sigh with relief and walk inside, locking the door behind me.

I look at my drunken reflection, besides the bloodshot eyes and the flushed cheeks..I look quite good. Well, wild. I look wild. My eyes are a glow and my hair is curly and volumised.

There's a slight bit of makeup smudged under my eyes but I take a piece of tissue and remove it. I stick my tongue out at myself in the mirror which makes me giggle slightly.

I attempt to talk to the door but don't realize how close I am to the door so accidentally knock into it.

"Shit" I curse, rubbing my sore arm. A sudden kick of pain intrudes my stomach, causing me to bow over in pain.

I sit on the floor, clutching it in agony.

The drinks I consumed earlier have put my senses on red alert so it probably shouldn't hurt as much as i feel it does. But all I know is I can't deal with this kind of pain in the state I'm in.