67- Can't Do This

Harry says nothing, but something darkens inside his eyes. Not the same way it does before he says something nasty, to purposely hurt me. This is different.

He takes another step towards me and this time I don't back away.

His body is so close to mine that I can feel his minty breath on my face.

"I didn't come here for Evie, Skye." He mumbles, his eyes looking intensely at my lips as I suck a breath in. I'm drunk and I don't know what to do or say.

"Okay." I mutter, "I didn't um realise that I was here with Niall like he was my date or whatever the hell this little four was."

Harry chuckles lightly and shakes his head.

"Things got fucked up." He laughs.

I agree and giggle too.

"I couldn't stay away." He groans and his face moved even closer to mine.

Goosebumps raise all over my skin and my head thumps heavily.

"We never can." I agree with a smile, and then it happens. His lips latch on to mine.

Everything that was bugging my mind disappears and I melt into Harry's soft, gentle, slow kiss.

It's passionate though, his lips are moving sensually against mine and sending me into a trance.

I move my fingers up into his hair and he places his large warm hands on my bum.

He's not even suppose to be in here, if he gets caught couldn't he get into trouble? The risk makes me feel alive and on edge.

I suddenly think of Evie, and how much she likes him. I think about how even after this kiss, he will once again say he doesn't like me and that nothing can happen between us.

I think about how he will just hurt me over and over again and I can't keep going along with it, someone has to put and end to my misery and I'm afraid that I'm the only one who can do that, but I'm just too scared to.

No. I can't let myself get my heart broken for the thousandth time.

I break the kiss, looking him dead in the eyes as soon as he sleepily opens them and frowns at me.

"Something wrong?" He says and I slowly back away from him towards the door.

"I'm sorry Harry. But I can't get hurt again, please." I shake my head and feel tears prickle in my eyes.

"Skye I... I'm sorry." He groans and my back hits the door, pushing it open. I walk back to where Evie and Niall are still playing snooker.

It feels as if the whole toilet thing with Harry never happens, maybe I was dreaming or maybe I entered some sort of parallel universe.

"I can't do this anymore, not until you have made your mind up. I'm sorry." I murmur, shocked at myself for being strong enough to resist him.

I slowly exit the ladies room and walk back through the smokey bar to Niall and Evie. They are still engrossed in a game of snooker, but there is a look in Evie's eye as I approach that tells me she is pissed off.

"Hey." I smile at her and she gives me a nod.

"Hi, could I talk to you quickly? In private." she says to me and turns her attention to Niall- who humbly raises his hands and excuses himself.

"Skye, were you with Harry just now? You guys have been acting so funny all evening and I'm starting to think there might be something going on?" She says and crosses her arms over her chest.