Chapter 8 Olive Garden

Bekah POV

  We were finally at the Olive Garden. I was about to get out of the car until Robbie said something.

  "Nuh uh!" He says real quickly.

  I look over at him. "What?"

  "I want to open the door for you. I'm trying to be a gentlemen." He replies.

  I smile at that. He was being so sweet and he was a gentlemen. I wait for Robbie to open my door. Once he opens the door, he holds out his hand for me to take. I take and giggle. He was being too sweet!

  We walk into the restaurant and he goes up to the desk.

  "Reservation for 2, Robbie Kay." He says.

  The person looks down and then gets the menus ready. "Right this way, Mr. Kay."

  The guy takes us to our table and we both sit down. We wait for our waiter, but me and Robbie start talking.

  "So... Why did you say yes?" He asks me.

  I shrug." I don't know. I guess I was trying it out."

  "Oh." He looks down.

  He must really like me or maybe he always looks down.

  "Okay, let's play a game while we are here." I suggest.

  "What kind of game?" He raises one of his eyebrows. A talent, I notice, he had.

  "We ask each other questions about the other person and you have to answer it truthfully." I explain.

  "Alright." He says as the waiter comes over.

  "Welcome to the Olive Garden, I'm Amanda. I'll be taking your order, so you know what you guys want to drink?" Amanda asks.

  We both nod.

  "I would like a coke to drink." Robbie says politely, smiling. She smiles back and it starts to make me feel all weird inside.

  "Just a water for me." I tell her, meanly.

  She gives me a nasty look. "Alright. I'll be back with your drinks." She walks away.

  Robbie looks at me weirdly, but I act like nothing happened. "So, what's your favorite color?" I ask him.

  "Red. What about you?" He asks.

  "Blue." I answer. "Okay, your turn."

  "Favorite book, if you like reading?" He asks shyly.

  "I love reading! And it would probably be one of the Mortal Instruments books." I tell him. "What about you?"

  "My favorite would be To Kill a Mockingbird." He smiles.

  Then Amanda comes back with our drinks and then we order out food and then she leaves again.

  "Oh cool! I love that book!" I say. "Hmmm.... If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be?"

  "I don't know. I really never thought about that. Who would you be?" He answers.

  "I don't know either. I really don't think like that." I answer softly.

  "Um. Okay, what about this. What's the worst have ever happened to you?" He asks me.

  I felt like the air was escaping my lungs. I wanted to tell him about it. "A year ago, my parents died in car crash that we were in, but I lived. And everyday, I wonder why I'm not with them, why I didn't die too. I deserved to die with them, but I was lucky. Every time someone says they have a fight with their parents or say they hate them, I envy them. I would do anything be them." I say, pouring out my heart to him.

  He just stares at me for a long time. It was a long silence and it just made me feel sad. But before he could say anything, our food comes and then we eat in silence. We don't talk at all for the rest of the date.

  After we are both done eating, he pays the bill and we walk out, then walk towards his car.

  "Thank for taking me out! I had a good time." I say as I get into the car; he was holding the door.

  He shuts it and then walks to his side. "Yeah, it was fun."

  He starts the car, driving out of the parking lot of Olive Garden. We really don't talk, but I start to say something.

  "I'm sorry with the big parent speech. I shouldn't have gone into big detail to what I think." I apologize.

  "No, it's fine! I have a secret too! No one knows it, not even my own family." He confesses.

  "What ?" I look over at him.

  "I feel unloved, like no one likes me for me." He answers.

  "That's not true. You have people who care about you more than anything." I tell him.

  "Thanks." He smiles for a second.

  Then we both stay quiet until we get to my house. It wasn't a long drive, I lived very close to Olive Garden. He stops the car, but I don't get out. I wanted to say goodbye to him, but no one was talking, so I just open my door.

  "Wait!" Robbie says before I open the door. "Just stay here for a minute."

  "Yeah?" I look over at him.

  "I have something to tell you and I think I've known this for a while. But don't hate me after I tell you this." He says. I nod. "I think... I think I'm falling for you."

  This made me breathe like crazy. I didn't want him to feel that way because I would hurt myself by just liking him.

  I shake my head. "No you don't! Neither of us like each other!"

  "But I do! You're all I think about, all the time!" He tells me.

  "But I don't like you!" I lie, getting out of the car.

  He gets out of the car, running after me. "Wait! Please, just listen to me!"

  I spin around. "What? What do you want me to say? I don't love you! My life was easier before I met you! Why is it so important to you that I like you?"

  "Because I know you do, you're just hiding it." He starts shaking.

  "Well, you're wrong!" I start, crying and go into my house.

  I don't look back once. I couldn't look back or I would go back and tell him how I really feel.

Robbie POV

  I felt empty, I knew she liked me. Or I thought she did, but apparently not. She never did have feelings for me. She was the only girl I told about how I really feel. Then she just acts like it's nothing.

  I get into my car and start it. I drive away from her house and try not to think of her, but it's really hard not to. She really is the only thin I think about all day.

  I really am falling in love too deep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while!! I just haven't had time and this chapter was kind of hard for me to write :/ but I'm sorry! But I hope you like this chapter as much I liked writing it.

And OMG Bekah and Robbie were hitting it off until their "fight". Why won't Bekah admit her feelings?? I mean if I was her, I'd already tell him!

Vote

Comment

Thanks!!