Chapter 17 Saying Your Apologies

Bekah POV

  God... I hate Robbie more than I could ever hate anyone on my life. But after a couple minutes, I realized I wasn't mad at him, but myself because I couldn't tell my own friends about how I felt about him. I also realized that I already missed him and wanted him back, but that wasn't going to happen. He wouldn't want me back after how I treated him.

  I decided I needed a long shower to relax myself. I headed to my bathroom, quietly. That's how this house has been for the past couple of weeks: quiet. My parents still aren't back, which made me more lonely than I really was.

  Taking a long shower felt so good. It felt like it was so long since I've had one. It was so relaxing, so comforting, when I felt the water on my skin. I did what I did what I do when I'm in the shower.

  I get out of the shower, getting a towel. I took my time getting dress, I didn't really need to rush to get it done. After blow drying my hair, I go downstairs to watch some tv or movies; I really didn't care what I watched. I just wanted to watch something that would keep me occupied.

  Before I make it to the couch, I hear a knock at the door. I didn't feel like getting it. I continue walking to the couch until the knocking becomes louder. This time, it scared the shit out of me. I went to grab a bat, a plastic toy one, by the toys and head for the door.

  When I open the door, I was ready to whack someone, but then saw who it was. Emily. I haven't seen her in a while. At least it wasn't Lauren trying to come and embarrass me more.

  "Hey. I didn't see you at school today." I say.

  "That's because I was staying out of sight. I knew Lauren was going to do that to you so I had to stay hidden." She explains to me.

  "So, you just let me hang there? By myself?" I question with a little attitude.

  "I'm sorry, but her fights can get nasty. I promise I'll be by your side next time she does something like that to you." She says truthfully.

  "Okay." I nod. "Would you like to come in?" I motion towards the living room.

  She nods, walking right into my house like old times. Usually it was me and Lauren talking when we were all hanging out and Emily was all quiet. I didn't know what to say to her.

  "I never noticed how nice your house is." She observed.

  "Thanks. I've only lived in it for a year and I'm still not use to any of it." I say, sadly.

  "I'm sorry." She looks down at the floor.

  I hated whenever someone said that they were sorry. I didn't want their sympathy, I didn't want their pity. It would have been nice if someone just nodded and acknowledge that I was sad and wasn't going to happy or that it would take a lot it make me happy. But no one ever did that.

  "'S okay. Don't worry about it." I tell her.

  "Okay." She says. "Wanna hang out?"

  "Sure! I'd love to." I smile.

  We watch tv, making jokes every five seconds. She usually never made jokes, but she was making so many of them. It was unusual, but I liked it when she was like this. She was fun, so outgoing right now.

  We both heard a knock on the door and wondering who could it be. It couldn't be Lauren because she was such a bitch to me. Once I open the door, I was just so surprised to see the person in front of me.

  It was Lauren...

  "Hey.." She says, softly.

  "H-hi..." I was just so shocked to see her, I could barely form words.

  "Can I please come in?" She looks at me sincerely.

  My manners kick in. I nod. Dammit, why did I have to be so nice?

  She walks inside my house, but once she inside, she just stands by the door. It was kind of awkward. Neither of us were talking or was going to talk.

  She finally started talking. "I'm sorry." She says fast, but I understood what she said.

  I blinked. "What?"

  "You know you're not getting me to say that again." She gives me a glare. And I did know that I wasn't going to. She was stubborn.

  "I know." I grin at her.

  She laughs. "I really am. Sorry, I mean. I realized that you and Robbie being a couple was true once..." She pauses.

  "Once what?" I ask, curiously.

  "I remember when we were at Starbucks and we saw Robbie Kay. The way he was looking at you was making me jealous. It would make any girl jealous. He looked at you like were you the only girl in that coffee shop. I'm pretty sure that you were, at least to him." She admits to me. 

  "Really?" My eyes were probably lighting up. I was still in love with him. even though 30 minutes ago, I hated his guts. 

  "Mhm." She nods. "So, be happy with him and don't ever let him go." She says, walking away to go sit with Emily, like old times. Like I called her over to have a sleepover and watch movies. 

  Maybe I needed a distraction before I could think about Robbie. I would think about him and what I would do about him tomorrow morning. For once, I was chosing my friends over Robbie Kay.