Chapter 7

Los Angeles, CA. 09/23/16. 11:43 P.M

"Zayn," I whisper. He rolls over to look at me. His bright eyes shine in the darkness.

"Yeah?" he whispers back.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"How much?"

He looks at me for a second and I sit up in the bed. "Liam-" He starts.

"We should come out together. Zayn, we could do it."

"Liam....." He sits up too, and grabs my hand. He rubs his thumb against the back of it. "You know that is all I want. But..."

I sigh. "But?"

"It won't be that easy, you know that. There is so many things and people we have to consider. You know that."

I pull the blankets off myself, and climb off the bed. I walk around to Zayn's side and kneel down in front of him.

"I know. But for once... Why can't we do something for ourselves? Why do we have to worry about everyone else? Lets.... Lets just forget about everything else. Right now, it's you and me." I gently grab his face and turn him to face me. He puts his hands on mine, but then drops them.

"Liam, we can't. Not yet." I drop my hands too, and stand back up. I run my hands through my hair, and breathe slowly. "You know I love you. But we have to wait until the time is right."

"Why can't the time be right? Right now?" I plead.

"So many reasons! Liam, my career is falling! I haven't been able to do a show for months! I don't want to risk any thing else happening, ok?"

"So it was an easy decision for you, then. Your career over me." As I say it, I can feel tears sting my eyes. I start to walk out of the room.

"Liam, wait." Zayn runs up behind me and grabs my arm. "It's not like that, ok? I love you, I would do anything for you."

"Yeah. Like leave the band. And completely leave my life." I pull my arm from his grip and leave. I walk into the bathroom, and lock the door behind me.

I let the tears fall now. It's everything I can do to not scream. Am I being selfish? I love Zayn. And I want what is best for him.

I quickly start to try to wipe my tears away when I hear the hotel room door slam shut. No no no no no, I think. I run out of the bathroom and back to the bedroom. He's gone.

I quickly run to the door and swing it open. I run to the end of the hallway, but he's gone. He's gone. I run back to my room and shut the door.

"He's gone," I say to myself. Over and over again. What did I do. He's gone. Just like that. I walk over to the bed where we both laid just moments ago. I sit down on it, and the sheets are still warm. I grab one of the pillows, and Zayn's scent still lingers on it. I lie down, hugging the pillow, and close my eyes. He's gone.