Four

I wake up to the smell of burning toast and the sound of a blaring smoke alarm. I scamper out of bed to see Chris flapping a towel wildly at the alarm.

 "It's okay, it's okay! I got this!"

The alarm stops and PJ slides the charred toast in the bin. Chris continues to flap the towel a while longer until Daisy catches my eye.

 "Come out." She indicates with her head for me to come over. I shrink back into my room and come back out fully dressed.

 "Dan and Phil are still to get up," Daisy says with a small knowing smile. I wonder what it's about but then I think I might know what she's getting at. However I believe they are asleep.

Not feeling very hungry, I slouch onto the sofa and watch Chris attempt another two slices of toast. This time around the alarm doesn't sound and the toast comes out unburnt. They all come and cram onto the sofa, Chris eating his toast loudly.

I try to drown out the sounds and think of comic con. That was one of the main reasons why I wanted to come here. To go to comic con. To cosplay with my fellow nerds and get the treat most of us don't get to experience. And it's horrendously expensive.

But so worth it.

Phil shuffles out of his shared room and yawns, rubbing his eyes.

 "For Heaven's sake, I was sleeping..." He heads over to the kitchen.

Chris just grins with a mouthful of toast.

                                                         ***

The smell of burnt bread is gone and everyone is finally awake. The guys have set up a camera, obviously planning to make videos. And they want us in it. How can we refuse?

 "And these two lovely girls are Daisy and Katrina, who are sharing the flat with us." Is how we're introduced. We smile and say hello to the non existent audience and look anywhere but the camera. That's right, yes?

We go on to tell the camera what has so far happened and start to play games. Story games, voice games, food games, quick quizzes...and to some of our dismay we skip spin the bottle.

The filming was long, but it'd be cut. And uploaded. Tomorrow.

As I now found out there would be a party of the like with a whole bunch of other YouTubers. Apparently we were all going. If I'm honest it'd be nice to sleep and get on my laptop, but as long as it isn't too formal or too crazy I'll be okay.

I don't have any nice clothes....I mean I do have decent clothes. But what do you wear to a party? Jeans and a top, a dress? A dress...a casual one. That'd work.

I think.

                                       ***

The party is well...packed. Filled with just about every YouTuber in existence. I can spot people I know and there's many I don't. It's really weird.

I can see Joey Graceffa, one of my favourites, and Tobuscus. Anthony and Kalel. PewDiePie. The Harries twins. Tyler Oakley. That's to name a few of a myriad of vloggers.

I look to my right and see that Daisy is still there, thank God. Some of my four boys have gone to mingle.

In we go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sucks, I'm sorry.