Sixteen

Daisy's P.O.V.

I heard voices outside my bedroom door and went to inspect. I came into the living room and saw Chris sitting on his own in the living room. I came and sat beside him.

"Where's Dan, Phil and PJ?"

"Oh so now you notice them?"

"How'd you mean?"

"You just left! We were having a nice meal and as soon as two famous guys come along you just leave. Without warning."

"Jee, I'm sorry Chris. I didn't realise I have to tell you where I go." I said sarcastically.

"That's not what I mean." He said.

"Yeah well what do you mean? Last time I checked you didn't control me. And you sure as hell don't now." I stood up, walking away from him.

--

The next morning, the air was filled with abrupt tension. There was awkwardness between Katrina and PJ, and me and Chris weren't speaking. Dan and Phil were fine though, but there was something different between them.

"Phil, can you please ask Chris to pass the ketchup?" I asked, over breakfast. He looked a bit confused but did so. Chris gave the ketchup to him and handed it to me. I thanked him.

A moment of silence, chewing and general breakfast noises.

"Why don't we go for a walk today?" Phil suggested.

"No. Not if she's coming." Chris said.

"Likewise."

"For god sake you two! You're acting like children." PJ said, putting his fork down.

"You can fucking talk! You're acting like a child towards Katrina." Chris said, which made Katrina spill her tea.

"No I'm not." PJ said, suddenly quiet.

"You are." I said, earning a nudge from Katrina.

"I'M NOT." PJ shouted, getting up and slamming the front door, walking out.

"Well done Chris." Dan said.

"How is it my fault?!" He exclaimed.

"You accused him of being a child." Phil said.

"So did she!" He said, pointing to me.

"You both did."

"It's true though." Katrina piped up.

"See? Even Katrina thinks so. He's acting like a child towards her because he clearly fancies her like mad. So excuse me for pointing out the obvious." He pushed past me, walking to his room. We heard the door slam and all lay back in our seats, sighing.

"I'm really ready to just leave." I said.

"Me too." Katrina.

"Don't leave. We'll sort this." Phil said.