~ Flashback ~

Summer 2014 ...

I was lying in a bed. I felt cold and hot all at the same time. I heard muffled sounds in the distance. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. A dazzling white light caused tears to fall down my cheeks. I felt soft, warm hands holding mine. I tried to squeeze them, but I couldn't. All strength was sucked out of my body. I wanted to speak but I couldn't open my mouth. I sighed inwardly and relaxed. Soon sleep comsumed my senses.

The first time I opened my eyes it was the middle of the night. I wasn't sure but I figured it must've been night because everything was dark. A slender figure was sprawled over my legs. I wanted to scream for help when I took in a familiar scent. I tried to free my legs but the figure in the dark was sound asleep.

I sighed and closed my eyes again. I had no idea what time it was but I was sure he'd wake up in the morning.

Hold on. Wait a minute. Where the hell am I?

My eyes shot open again and I scanned my surroundings. Or as much as I could given that I couldn't move my head. Actually I couldn't move at all. And then I panicked.

Am I paralyzed?

I started screaming as tears shot out of my eyes. The figure in the dark moved and mumbled something. His eyes locked with mine when he realized what happened and that's when I lost counsciousness again.

A few days later...

C: What do you mean I was in a coma?

B: Can't you remember anything?

I tired to remember, I had no idea what, but I tried anyway.

B: What's the last thing you remember?

C: I don't know.

Bridget was determined to jog my memory so she continued.

B: Do you remember how you left Derek and went to a hotel? After you came and talked to me?

C: Who's Derek?

B: Your boyfriend. Sorry, I mean ex boyfriend.

C: I have no idea what you're talking about.

B: Do you remember how Zayn came to the hotel you stayed in and you two had a huge fight?

I shook my head again.

C: Somebody was here last night. I saw him when I opened my eyes. Who was it?

B: That's Zayn. Your, um, ex boyfriend.

C: How many ex boyfriends do I have?

Bridget couldn't hold in a laugh.

B: Just these two. Sorry I shouldn't be laughing.

C: And who are you?

Bridget's laughter died down and she looked horrified.

B: You don't know who I am? I'm Bridget, your cousin.

C: Sorry. I can't remember. Where are we?