~ April ~

D: You don't have any creamer, do you?

C: No sorry. But I'm heading out to the grocery store anyway I could get you some.

D: No, it's fine. I'll have it black then.

Derek joined me in my...excuse me...our dining table and we had breakfast together. He moved in a week ago after I called Bridget and found out she's still friends with the boys. I left the apartment that day and headed to the only place I felt comfortable these days. Mark's tattoo shop.

Derek happened to be there and if I'm completely honest I was glad I met him again. I found out he just moved back to LA after spending a year in South Africa. He was an artist, he painted pictures and had to find a new place to stay. I offered him the spare room in my apartment. I didn't think he would take the offer but after seeing the apartment he was positively pleased. I figured it was a great bargain. I got a new friend I could hang out with and didn't have to pay all the rent.

D: Is that all you're having for breakfast? I thought you were on a break?

C: On a break from modeling, yes. Doesn't mean I can eat like a pig now.

D: How come?

C: How come what?

D: I mean why aren't you working as a model anymore?

C: I needed a break. That's all.

D: Really? Why do I think that there's more to it?

C: There isn't.

D: You know, I'm not a curious person but I figured since we're living together I would...I don't know...learn more about you.

C: You're better off not knowing, trust me.

The phone rang and I mentally thanked the person, who ever it was, for rescuing me.

Hey, good morning.

Have you seen the news lately?

No, why? Should I?

Don't be mad, just giving you a head start.

What?

One Direction are on their way to the US for some promo appearances.

Okay...

That was it. I'll talk to you later.

Bye.

D: Who was it?

C: A friend.

D: You've got weird friends.

C: You have no idea.

D: No, but I'd love to know.

C: Another time.

D: Chloe you can't hide your past.

C: I'm not.

D: Okay.

I cleared the table and did the dishes while Derek got ready to head to his studio.

C: Will you be home for dinner?

D: Why? Are you planning to cook something?

C: In fact I am.