Chapter 6- Marking what's MINE

Nikos’ P.O.V.

I stomped wildly through the different corridors of the castle, unsure of where I was headed. Every once in a while, images of Jace smiling broadly as he spoke to MY MATE kept flitting through my head. I roared loudly and went into a rampage by throwing everything I saw in front of me. Vases and paintings were strewn on the floor marking the path of his rage through the castle. The guards wisely kept their distance as they felt my angry aura approaching.

After walking aimlessly around the castle for about an hour, my father reminded me through the mind link to attend the meeting with the Alpha’s. This was just the routine meeting that was held to discuss any kind of problems that might have arisen with the various werewolf packs.

Throughout the meeting, I was plunged in a deep gloom of jealousy and rage. My mother kept throwing concerned looks in my direction. The King sensing my dark mood stopped her from talking to me; which was a good thing, because I was waiting for any excuse to start a fight.

The Alphas were getting uncomfortable with the negative power emanating from me. Needless to say, the meeting broke up very fast.

Involuntarily, my footsteps were taking me through the corridors, leading to my room. It was half a day since I last saw her. I felt like a man wandering through a wide desert, dying of thirst.

Even my father took his mate wherever he went; to meetings, court sessions and even to the training grounds.

The bond between a royal wolf and his mate is very strong. Stronger the wolf, more powerful his bond. It was the Moon Goddesses’ way of ensuring that the enormous power that she gifted the royal wolves with, was kept in check through their mates.

As my footsteps neared the room, my legs got a small skip in them, in anticipation of seeing her again.

Then I heard two voices. One was my mate’s and another, someone else’s. My mind turned foggy and I started sprinting towards the room. When I registered that the voice was of another WOMAN, I stopped myself just in time, outside the door.

I just saved myself a truckload of embarrassment.

I walked nonchalantly inside.

Kyla was sitting cross legged on our bed, talking to the doctor who had treated her yesterday. When she heard me enter, her eyes found mine and we were lost in a world where only the two of us existed. I hungrily drank in all her features.

God, how much I had missed her today.

“So….How are your injuries coming along?”

“Fine. They’re healing slowly. Once my wolf fully recovers, they’ll heal really fast.”

Everytime, I beat himself up, about that part. She was in the castle prisons for over a month, undergoing, God knows, what kind of torture, and I hadn’t even realized it.

Jace had told me about a female wolf in prison. He kept asking me to go and talk to her, but I had thought he was just infatuated with her. I had just taken it as a joke, that my best friend liked a girl from the Hollow Death pack. If only, I had taken Jace’s words seriously.

“I was thinking of looking around the castle today, if that’s all right with you?”, she looked at me enquiringly.

“Of course. But, I was supposed to check out the training sessions today. Some new pups have been recruited into the royal army. It won’t take much time.”

“That’s all right. I was planning to explore the palace with Elsie.”

WHO THE HECK WAS ELSIE??????