Chapter 18 - My First Dance

All around the world was chaos

And nothing was going right

But, when I danced with you, my Love

I knew everything would be fine

-----------------------------------------------------

The cool night breeze swirled around causing the leaves of the forest to whisper to each other with melody. The chaos of fighting which had erupted from the two werewolves at the border of the tree line had suddenly ebbed into oblivion and all was peaceful.

However, Kyla's heart was in turmoil at her spontaneous action. Her head resting on Nikos' broad chest felt so natural, yet strange. She had expected him to react abruptly at her unexpected hug, but he remained strangely still.

Seconds passed.

And the only sound she heard was the rapid beating of his heart.

Had he calmed down yet?

Her entire intention to hug him was because she was overwhelmed with regret for her fault towards him. Her wolf had urged her to this.

Why was he standing so still?

Should she look up and see what was going on?

Why was he not speaking?

Should she stop now?

She didn't want to stop.

She so badly didn't want to.

1...2.......3..........4.............

Several minutes passed.

The silence and his stillness was making her feel uncomfortable.

She reluctantly unwound her hands from around his waist and moved to step away from him.

But before she could put an inch of distance between them, Nikos' hands moved instantaneously round her thin frame and she was engulfed by his huge body. Her head rested on the crook of his collar and she could feel his face near her neck, his breaths causing her hair to flutter lightly from her neck. She had a faint idea that her feet had now left the ground and was being fully supported by his embrace.

She was overwhelmed with an alien emotion where she felt both hot and bothered and excited at the same time.

She realized that her hands were hanging uselessly at her side and decided to move them to a more comfortable position.

She carefully tried to wriggle them out of his embrace and put them around his neck, perhaps?

However, Nikos was not allowing that to happen as he seemed intent on not loosening the grasp he had had on her. After a lot of uncomfortable wriggling on her part to loosen her hands from his grasp, she finally managed to free her hands from his tight grasp. As she put her hand around his neck she breathed a sigh of relief as if she had accomplished a herculean task.

She heard a small chuckle from her mate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And here I was getting ready to walk into a warzone."