Undead part 5

Redney

Zombie apocalypse AU

(Red's POV)

"John. You're warm. Your body's warm." I said.

John let go of me then backed up a little, confused as to what I was saying.

"You're a walker. Walkers shouldn't get warm. But you're warm John. It's almost as if you're... Alive again." I said getting a very stupid idea.

"John can you protect me as we go to my home? I need to show you to the others." I asked. John nodded and we were off.

As we were walking other walkers tried to approach us but John scared them off. It seems like John is the "alpha" of these walkers and they are afraid of John. We kept on traversing until John stopped in front of me.

"What is it John?"

The sound of the Screeches answering my question. I peeked around John and saw a horde of Screeches lurk out from the darkness. They started to come our way, they had a deadly demeanor about them, almost as if they were bloodthirsty. I heard something behind me and I turned around seeing a horde of Walkers approach us. Once the walkers approached us they stood beside us as if they were ready to fight to the second death.

"Go." One walker said to John. John nodded then we left, fighting breaking out seconds after.

We ran all the way to the outer wall of my home camp. The tower guards taking aim at us.

"Adam! Adam! It's Red! I need to tell you something!" I yelled.

Shortly after the gates to the wall opened up and Adam emerged from it. Adam took out a pistol, aiming it at John.

"Red. Step away from the walker." Adam said.

"No Adam! Don't shoot!" I pleaded.

"Why!? I've lost too many people I care about to them! You should be on the same side as me Red! They killed Mark. And they almost killed you!" Adam screamed.

"But I was never in any danger Adam. This Walker, John, he spared me. He is the one who protected me out there. Adam. I know you've lost too many loved ones, but you need to listen to me. The walkers are not what they seem to be." I said.

"You're right Red they aren't what they seem." Adam said firing at John hitting him in the shoulder making him fall to the ground. "They're cold blooded killers that need to die before they kill any more!"

I rushed to John who was starting to bleed.

"John.... You're bleeding."

"Next time I won't miss where I was aiming at." Adam said.

"Adam wait! Look! John is bleeding! He's alive again! He's come back to life! Walkers shouldn't be bleeding! This is what I was trying to show you! That walkers and humans can live together! We just need to show compassion towards them. Let them know that they mean something to us rather than the undead. Let them know we care."

(3rd POV)

With the help from John and Red. The humans were able to put an end to the war between the undead and the living. Making peace between the two, unfortunately the Screeches were another story. They were too far gone from humanity that they were unable to be helped. The human armed forces along side the walkers put an end to the Screeches, leaving no trace of them at all.

As for things in the world, people were still getting used to the idea that walkers were not killers. Many walkers reverted back to humanity quickly while others took some time. And all of this was made possible by a Walker and a human.

"I love you John."

"I love you too Red."

FIN

*let me know your thoughts about this one-shot series. I had a blast writing it and I want to know if you enjoyed it. Till next time, byeeee!*