!husband Laxus x !wife reader

Halloween special
Requested by @KaliHollman

3rd Pov
Halloween was one of the most festive times in Magnolia. People decorate the city spookily and Fairy Tail prepares a Halloween parade.

Also at the guild, they hold a costume contest between the members.

Y/n loved Halloween. She dresses up every year. And being seven  months pregnant was not going to stop her.

Y/n Pov
I struggle to zip up my dress. Being pregnant is so frustrating. I can't do anything anymore. Well, partially because Laxus won't let me but still.

Eventually, I give up. "Y/n, are you ready?" Laxus called.

"No," I whine. He walks into our room. "I can't zip up my dress." Laxus sighed.

"Seriously. What are you seven?" Laxus grumbles. He walks over to me and zips the zipper up with ease.

"Thank you and I'm twenty three but two at heart."

"Clearly. What even are you supposed to be?" I smile then grab my apron off the chair. On it it said "Baby Baking" in pink.

"I'm a baker." Laxus sighed.

"Where'd you even get that?" He asked.

"Mira made the apron for me. Now let's go. The party will start."

Time skip to guild

Various Halloween songs played. Colorful lights flashed. The guild was dressed in consume. Except for a few people like Laxus.

I waddle over to the bar. Mira was dressed as the bride of Frankenstein. Erza was a maid. Levy was teacher. Lucy was a princess. And Juvia was I'm assuming Gray.

"Hey Y/n. Cute costume," Lucy compliments.

"Thanks. Took forever to get on," I sigh. The girls giggle.

"Y/n. We set up a pumpkin carving station," Levy said.

"Then what the hell are we standing here for?"

I leave for the station. I take a pretty descent sized pumpkin. The tools were all laid out in a row. Before I grab the knife, someone grabs my hand. It was Laxus.

"Seriously. Can you let me enjoy Halloween? I'll be careful." Laxus doesn't say anything. He pulls out a chair sitting next to me. He grabs a pumpkin of his own.

"Are you just going to sit there?" Laxus asked. I smile and grab a knife. We sit in a comfortable silence as we carve pumpkins.

The music plays loudly. The baby kicks against my stomach like she usually does. Laxus insists that its a boy but I'm following a mother's intuition.

Natsu who was dressed as a knight gets into an argument with Gray. A fight breaks out and stuff goes flying. I squeak ducking to avoid a chair. Soon the whole guild is fighting.

I sigh. My almost finished pumpkin gets destroyed. Erza's strawberry cake is next and I feared she'd send Natsu and Gray to their graves. I think she should've been the devil.

Laxus then picks me up. "Laxus?"

"We're leaving."

"But?" Laxus leaves the guild. The further we go, the noise from the guild is still audible.

We arrive at our house before Laxus sets me down. "Laxus. What are we doing home?" He takes my hand and leads me to the kitchen.

Arranged on the counter is a row of five pumpkins and some carving tools. "I had Freed and Bickslow set this up. I was sure those idiots would cause trouble." Tears well in my eyes. Damn hormones.

For the rest of the night, I carve pumpkins with my husband. I carved the fairy tail mark and a cute jack o' lantern in two. Laxus carved a thunder cloud and lighting then a scary jack o' lantern on the other two.

The last one took the longest. We worked on it together to make a very detailed picture of a man and woman holding a child. I smile. The baby kicks again.

Laxus puts a candle in each one. We then turn off the lights. The pumpkins illuminate. Laxus pulls me into him. I rest my head on his shoulder watching the pumpkin we did together flicker.

"I love you," Laxus murmured. He kisses my temple. "And I love you too." His thumb brushes over my stomach. The baby kicks where his hand was already recognizing Laxus as her father.

A/n
Happy Halloween! I don't care how old I am, I'll dress up.

I was Lucy for Halloween :)

Vote comment share