Natsu x shy! Reader

3rd Pov
When Natsu was a younger, he came home one day after a mission. Sore and exhausted he just wanted to collapse on his bed.

As he and Happy entered their home, he caught an unknown scent. His defenses instantly kicked in. Cautiously he made his way to his room where the scent lead to.

Natsu peeked into his room and saw a figure on his bed. "Natsu-" Happy started but Natsu shushed him. Natsu lit his first aflame and made his way closer.

The figure then disappeared a trail of shadows following. Shocked, the boy stumbled over. Happy ran to him. The figure huddled in the corner whimpering.

"Please don't hurt me," a feminine voice pleaded. Upon closer inspection, Natsu noticed the person was a girl around his age. She had H/c hair and her E/c eyes were red.

"H-hey why're you crying?" Natsu panicked.

"I didn't mean to trespass. I-I got hurt and I was looking to see if there were any medical supplies. Please don't turn me in."

"Turn you in?" Natsu asked. He froze seeing the girl cry again. "I'll help you. I think I have band aids and stuff somewhere. My name's Natsu by the way. And this is Happy." The girl sniffled.

"My name is Y/n."

Now

Y/n was Natsu's secret friend

Y/n was Natsu's secret friend. That day he found her, she just escaped a dark guild that was trying to utilize her Fire Phantom magic for evil intentions.

Natsu wanted her to join Fairy Tail but she was too shy. So for almost five years, Y/n's lived with him in secret.

Natsu Pov
I eagerly go home after a long day of work. We left Y/n at home for almost two days and I can't wait to see her.

"We're home!" I yell kicking open the door.

"Aye sir!"

"Natsu! Happy!" Y/n runs up giving me a hug. She then grabs Happy and squeezes him to death. "You guys are back. I made dinner."

"Food!" Happy and I exclaim.

Happy scarfs down on fish while I eat the fried noodles, chicken, beef, and stew Y/n made.

"Tank u Y/n!" Y/n blushes.

"No problem."

3rd Pov

That night, Natsu awoke with a start from a nightmare. He panted heavily running his fingers through his spiky pink hair.

Thankfully, Y/n slept soundly beside him. She faced him curled up breathing softly.

Natsu frowned. He didn't want Y/n to be taken away. He refused to let that happen. Natsu laid back down pulling Y/n into his chest.
Y/n curled up and sighed contently.

He made up his mind. He was going to have Y/n join Fairy Tail.

Y/n Pov

Natsu pulled me along eagerly. I rub my eyes sleepily.

"Natsu, where are we going this early?" I ask. Natsu looks back at me and gives his famous smile. I blush.

Up ahead, I see the Fairy Tail guild. Someone was unlocking the door.

"Gramps!" Natsu called. I freeze up. Instinctively, my phantom magic kicks in and I turn invisible and hide around the corner.

"Natsu. What are you doing here early?" The man, Gramps, asked.

"I have someone who wants to join the guild. But she's super shy."

"Hmm. Where is she?"

"She's-" he then noticed I'm not beside him. "What!

"She was just here," Happy states.

"Y/n!" Natsu called. I'm sorry Natsu. I don't think I can do this. Gramps sighed.

"Come on child. I won't hurt you." I slowly fade into view. Natsu's face lights up. I hesitantly walk toward them playing with my fingers. "You're Y/n?"

"Y-yes."

"What magic do you use?"

"F-fire phantom magic." His eyes widened slightly and I became nervous.

"A rare magic I see. Come then. Let's get your mark." We enter the guild. Natsu was the happiest I've ever seen him. I get my mark in purple on my shoulder.

"Now you'll be safe!" Natsu said.

"Safe from what?" Gramps asked. I frown sadly.

"When I was little, a dark guild kidnapped me and destroyed my village. They wanted my magic. I escaped with injuries and found Natsu and Happy's place. I've stayed with them for almost five years now," I explain. Gramps doesn't say anything.

"Come on! Let's take a job together!" Natsu held up a piece of paper.

"Oh. Ok." Natsu grabs my hand and drags me out of the guild. Happy flies after us. "What's the job?"

"We have to beat a monster that's terrorizing a village," Natsu answered.

"M-monster." I stop. Natsu looks back at me worried. I was trembling and we hadn't even got to the train station yet.

"H-hey. Don't worry. You'll be ok," Natsu says. "As long as I'm with you I'll protect you." My eyes water a bit but not from sadness.

"Thank you." Natsu smiles.

"Now let's go!"

"Aye sir!"