Sting x child! Reader pt. 2

I feel like the lyrics fit
Requested by @KawaiiCookie257

Sting had been training Y/n for almost three months. He was amazed by how fast she was progressing.

How ever, one day Y/n didn't show up. She didn't show up the next day or the day after. A week passed which turned into a month.

Sting went to the local orphanage. He walked up to the lady at the front desk.

"Oh. Sabertooth's Master. How can I help you?"

"Um. I was wondering where Y/n is?" Sting asked.

"Oh Y/n. She was adopted about a month ago."

"A-adopted?"

"Yeah. A strong looking man apart of a guild adopted her." Sting nodded sadly before putting on a fake smile.

"That's great. Thank you."

After that, a permanent damper was put on Sting's mood. And everyone noticed. He locked himself in his office and confided himself to work. Sting barely took jobs unless he went by himself. Lector told the others he wouldn't eat.

"Y/n... I had such a scary and bad nightmare that you left me forever one time," Sting thought. Tears fall and he didn't even realize. "And now it's come true."

~*~
Y/n screamed in pain as she was kicked in the stomach. She lay on the ground in pain, hungry, and ill feeling.

"I'll tell you again, give me your dragon slayer magic," her so called adopted father, Kaze, growled.

"I'm not... I'm not a...." Y/n coughed up blood. She was grabbed by her hair. She whimpered in pain.

"You will do as I say! Be a good girl, listen you your daddy, and give me your magic." Kaze glared.

Y/n coughed. "You're not my daddy... Sting is." Kaze growled. "You can go to hell."

And Y/n saw black.

~*~

"Sting, come on," Rogue said.

"I don't wanna."

"You need to get your mind in order. Let's take this job." Rogue slid a paper across Sting's desk.

The job was to wipe out a dark guild called Black Scorpion. The reward was 2 million jewels.

"We'll leave in two hours," Rogue said before leaving. Sting looked at the request in his hand.

"I can't keep moping about Y/n," he thought. "Besides, I knew this day would've come." Sting stood up and went to prepare his things.

~*~

Y/n woke up some time later. She rubbed her head in pain. Kaze left only a slice of bread and half a cup of water which she didn't trust.

Picking up the bread, Y/n nibbled on it. She wiped away the tears that threatened to fall with her dirt an blood covered hands.

Loud crashes and shakes rumble the building. Y/n looks down the hall. There were yells and Y/n felt immense power.

"These guys are pretty weak," a familiar voice said. Since training with Sting, Y/n's hearing has improve. Her smell is too, but she couldn't tell from the cell she was in.

"Sting," Y/n realized. "Sting-niisan! STING-NIISAN!"

Sting did a double take. He swore he heard Y/n's voice. "Sting, focus!" Rogue yelled.

"Y/n... She's here."

"Look. I get you were really attached to her but you need to let her go."

"No. I'm serious. I heard her... Her scent, it's faint.." Sting broke into a sprint.

"Sting!"

"Take care of things up here for me!"

~*~

Kaze kicked Y/n back into the wall. "You brought them here didn't you?"

"N-no I-"

"Shut up you brat!" He kicked her again. "I'll kill you for this."

"I highly oppose to that." Kaze and Y/n look back and see Sting.

"Sting!" Y/n exclaimed.

"Tch... Beat it brat. This is between me and my daughter," Kaze snapped.

"Oh, so you're the person who took Y/n." Sting looked at the beaten up child. She was pale from being under fed. Sting grit his teeth. "And you're doing a shitty job taking care of her."

"What the hell do you know?"

"More than you do. White dragon roar!"

Kaze smirked and made three gestures with his hand. Sting's attack moved to the side. "What?!"

"My magic is specialized to handle any form of slayer magic," Kaze said. "Your life ends here." Sting growled. Kaze waved his hands. Nothing happened for a second before Sting collapsed to the ground holding his head.

"Sting!" Y/n exclaimed.

"Your senses are heightened as well as sensitive. You aren't as strong as you think you are."

Sting's head pulsed in pain. His ears hurt. All the scents made him want to vomit. Y/n threw a small rock at Kaze. Kaze glared at her.
Y/n chuckled nervously.

"O-oops?"

Kaze grabbed her by the throat. Y/n felt the air quickly cut off.

"Y-y/n," Sting croaked.

"S-s-sting..." A tear rolled down Y/n's face and something within Sting snapped.

Magic swarmed around him as he entered his dragon force. As fast as light, he knocked Kaze across the area. He dropped Y/n the process.

Sting growled angrily and wasted no time ruthlessly attacking. Kaze couldn't put up a fight.

"You disgust me...," Sting growled. "I'm taking Y/n back with me."

A few days later

"Ugh, where is that idiot?" Rogue asked annoyed. Sting was late for their job...again.

Sting started raising Y/n after the incident. They were practically inseparable and when Y/n healed, they became a childish duo.

"Maybe he's in his office," Lector suggested. He, Rogue, and Frosch head there. Rogue opened the door without knocking. Sting's desk was empty.

"He's not-wait." Rogue walked over to the couch toward the back.

On it, Sting lay asleep with Y/n asleep on his chest. Y/n's little hand grips Sting's vest. Sting had his arm over Y/n keeping her close.

"What do we do?" Lector asked. Rogue sighed.

"Let them sleep." He grabbed a nearby blanket and threw it over them. "We'll leave tomorrow instead."

The three left shutting the door quietly behind them.