Gray x child! Reader x jealous! Juvia

Re-read my Natsu x child! Reader x jealous! Lucy and I got an idea

~*~

For a few years, Gray and Juvia tried to have children but were never able to conceive. It broke Juvia's heart to learn that she had major fertility problems and the possibility of her and Gray having a child was extremely low.

Gray assured her he didn't love her any less. To solve the problem, the two decided to adopt a child instead. They adopted a four month old baby girl named Y/n born on d/o/b.

As Y/n grew older, she became good friends with Natsu and Lucy's son, Lucas, (much to Gray's dismay) and Gajeel and Levy's twins, Gale and Levi. Y/n was also a bit of a daddy's girl. Not that she didn't love her adoptive mother or anything, she just typically clung to Gray when she was afraid or wanted something.

Juvia tried not to let it bother her. After all, she loved that her daughter wanted to spend time with her father knowing about what happened between Gray and his. At the same time, it hurt because she longed so much for a child for so long and when she finally got one, her baby didn't want to spend time with her.

~*~

"Daddy, look! Gale's teaching me another language!" Y/n said eagerly running over with a large book in her hands. The six year old almost stumbled over her feet mid stride. Gray paused his conversation with his wife and smiled at his little girl.

"Is that so? Why don't you show me what you've learned so far?"

Y/n nodded eagerly and climbed up on bench. Much to Juvia's disappointment, she sat next to Gray only and not in between the two of them like she had hoped.

Their conversation lasted for a long time. Y/n began trying to teach Gray and would get upset when is pronunciation was wrong. Juvia sighed seeing that she wasn't included nor wanted. Getting up from the table, she walked over to where Lucy and Levy were currently seated.

"What's wrong Juvia? You look sad?" Lucy asked concerned.

"Y/n..." Juvia bit her lip trying not to cry. "She never wants to spend time with me and I don't know why. Is Juvia a terrible mother?"

"Awe no Juvia don't ever think that!" Levy said giving the other blunette a hug. "Kids go through these weird phases where they prefer one parent over the other. For the longest time, Levi only went to his father whereas Gale never went to him."

"Lucas did the same," Lucy added. "He still follows Natsu around like a duckling. Just know though, Y/n will eventually need you as her mother and when time comes, make sure you're there."

Juvia nodded. She looked back over to where Gray and Y/n were. It still hurt, but she could never turn her back on her daughter.

Later that evening, Gray went on a mission with his team. That brought upon a sob fest from Y/n. Juvia tried her best to get her to calm down but nothing seemed to work. Not candy. Not ice cream. Not even a bribe to get Y/n a new toy.

Sighing, Juvia collapsed on her bed. She'd given up. Eventually Y/n had fallen asleep by the door waiting for her father to return.

It was official.

Juvia was convinced that Y/n hated her.

Until Gray returned that evening, Juvia decided to stay up so she could inform Y/n when her father returned. While she waited, Juvia began sewing the little plush dolls she had started some years back.

The first two were modeled off of her and Gray. All that was left was to complete the one of Y/n. Every aspect of that doll was almost complete except for the button eye that had come loose.

"What are you doing mommy?"

Juvia looked up to see Y/n peeking through the doorway.

"Just sewing," Juvia responded. "You can come in."

Y/n shuffled inside the room hesitantly, almost like she was scared she'd get in trouble for being in there. Curiously, she looked at the doll in Juvia's hands when close enough. The girl instantly noticed the similarities between herself and it.

"Is that supposed to be me?" Y/n asked. Juvia nodded tying the string. She gave it to her daughter. "It's pretty. You're amazing!"

"I-I am?" Juvia blushed.

"Yeah!" Y/n noticed the Gray and Juvia dolls on the bed and grabbed them. "It's my whole family! Can I have them, mommy?"

"I actually planned to give those to you for your birthday," Juvia laughed. "But if you want them now, that's fine."

Y/n frowned. She didn't mean to spoil her mother's gift, but she soon got an idea.

"Then for my birthday, could you teach me how to sew like you instead?"

Juvia smiled. Her heart warmed.

"Of course. Anything for my little girl."

Extra

Gray came home extremely late. He insisted on coming home after the mission instead of staying at a hotel for the night. Ever since they adopted Y/n, he didn't like to be away from her or Juvia.

Tiredly entering the apartment, the light of the TV lacrima flooded the dark living room. Gray walked over to the couch and smiled at the sight before him.

Sleeping peacefully on the couch, Y/n lay tangled in Juvia's arms. An empty bowl of popcorn and empty juice boxes sat on the ottoman. They appeared to have fallen asleep while watching a movie.

Gray threw a blanket over the two and shut off the lacrima. He then got on the couch with them after changing into his pajamas.

"I'm glad the two of you are getting along now..." he whispered. "I can't stand it when my two favorite girls don't like each other."

A/n
I'm trying to do as many updates as I can before I go back to school. So that is why y'all are being slammed with one shot after one shot.