Chapter Thirteen: Boyfriend?

Hani:
I can't believe you're actually
making me do this

Hani was standing in line waiting to meet NCT U for the first time. She felt awkward and out of place as most of the people around her were with someone else or a group of people.

She gripped her CD and tried her hardest not to make a mad dash for the exit.

Her stomach was doing more flips than a gymnast, her heart was going faster than the speed of light, she was feeling lightheaded...she was a mess. And it was all because of these men that she was so close yet so far from.

"So we're the two awkward losers that couldn't find any friends to go with them?" A random girl asked Hani as she stood beside her.

"Apparently so."

"I guess it's okay. At least now I don't have any competition so I can marry my Taeyong."

Hani tried her hardest to stop herself from subtly moving away from the girl. She didn't want to seem rude but the girl was...a lot to deal with to say the least.

Hani:
Have you ever met the human
version of a headache?

"Ohh...who are you texting? Is it your boyfriend? What age is he? Where does he come from? What's he like?" The girl was now standing right in front of Hani, walking backwards just so she could get some information.

Just as Hani opened her mouth to answer her phone went off in her pocket.

"Excuse me." Hani fake-smiled at the girl before pulling her phone out and reading the text.

Teabag:
Yeah...you😉😂

"It is your boyfriend! You're smiling so big right now, I'm scared in case your face will crack." The girl shouted this so loud that everyone...everyone, turned to look at them. Including NCT U.

Was this girl for real?!

Hani caught eyes with Ten, who smirked a little and waved causing Hani's cheeks to go the colour of beetroots before she turned her head away and gritted her teeth before answering the girl, "I don't have a boyfriend. It's my friend texting me."

"Really? Are you sure?"

Keep calm Hani...count to 10...maybe 20...okay go to 100 just to make sure that you don't turn into a crazy person.

She pulled out her phone again and went on her messages with Ten.

Hani:
At least I'm not that much of an embarrassment!
Well technically you wouldn't know
since you've never met me...but this girl
that's joined me in the line is too much!
I'm either going to kms or her!

Hani put her phone back in her pocket before observing the members. No wonder she had difficulty choosing her favourite...they were all so talented and good looking.

She looked at Ten again only to see that he was grinning at his phone....which they weren't allowed in the meetings. Hani cocked her head to the side and watched him laugh and text a reply to whoever he was texting. Maybe it was a family member, or a friend...or a girlfriend.

No....surely not. He was far too busy for a girlfriend.

Just as Ten put his phone away and looked out into the audience, waiting for the line to move up again, Hani's phone went off.

She wasn't the only one that noticed this as the annoying girl gripped onto her arm, "Oh my goodness did you see that? Ten was texting someone and then your phone went off! And you both have the same grins! It's fate!"

There was a scoff from in front of the girl and a group of girls turned around and gave Hani the most disgusted look that she had ever received. "Oh please. Our Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul would never go anywhere near something as horrible, poor, ugly, fat, disgusting and putrid as that. He would rather go for someone that has class, grace, elegance, sophistication and is skinny and pretty. Also known as...me."

Hani didn't know what to do. She felt her throat go dry and a lump arise yet she knew she couldn't cry. Not here, in front of all these people that she knew were already judging her. She felt her eyes sting, tears threatening to release themselves at any minute.

Even the annoying girl who wouldn't shut up two seconds ago was stunned into silence. Never had she expected somebody to be that mean for no reason.

Now more than ever, Hani wanted to run for the exit and never return to Seoul. She felt like everyone had went silent just to listen to whatever was going on, just so they had something to talk about.

Come on Hani, stay strong. Don't let them push you around...not like they use to.

"I can't." Hani whispered to herself, her voice breaking in the middle of her sentence. Everything was coming back to her; the sleepless nights, mornings of refusing to go to school, crying in the girl's bathroom, the physical and emotional abuse everyday....

Hani thought that it was all over when she moved to Busan...she knew she should never have came back to Seoul. Not even to meet her idols.

Before she could cry in front of everyone she dropped the CD and ran for the exit.

"Hani!"

***********
IM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!!!!
This is the first time I've wrote this way before so I tried my best but forgive me if it's shit.
But anyway....
HAH! Y'ALL THOUGHT THEY WERE GONNA MEET IN THIS CHAPTER! (So did I tbh so I kinda played myself?¿?¿?) But damn those bitches were mean...
Hmmmmm I wonder who shouted Hani's name at the end....I wonder how they know her....😉😉
Please point out any mistakes, it'll help me out a lot!
Vote and comment✌🏻
Oh and Happy late Halloween🎃