ch> 1

Love is a strong emotions that doesn't speak of its arrival.

Thanks for taking out time to read this.
Also other books by me;
1.mending a broken heart ✔️
2.perks of being kanuri
3.the heart i Cherished ( sequel to mending a broken heart),
4.A cold day in hell✍🏾

JAWAHIR'S P.O.V

I sat on the couch in my bedroom placing my legs on the coffee table anxiously fiddling with my phone waiting for his reply. I can't help but get excited. I have been chatting with him all evening and I think my cheeks will get burn anything soon if I continue blushing.

It seems that I could not contain the excitement building up inside me, I tried really hard but my face kept on letting me down by heating up.
If she shows up , God help me she will start , she will even say my cheeks are turning red like tomatoes and tease the life out of me.
I even kept dodging her all day, am in no mood for her taunts , not now.

"Hey jawahir are you chatting with Saif" Asked oum kalthum from no where batting her eyelashes .

I wasn't really startled hearing her voice out of no where,
By now am used to her , poke nosing into my love affairs but I wouldn't complain.
she adds flavor to my drink.
"Hey what now, ya Salam can't a girl be" I hissed . "Now get off my face" I said as I tried to get my phone back ,that oum kalthum had snatched from my hands earlier.
"Give it back, or else...", I tried to threaten oum kalthum who ran across the room wearing a big grin on her face.
"I said it" , yelled oum kalthum as if she had won a lottery.
"It's Saif, only him can make you smile like an idiot" she said teasingly.
"Give it back " I demand , glaring at her but she remains adamant.

One seeing how oum behaves would think she doesn't want us together but it's actually the opposite . It's just her looking out for me, not wanting me to fall deep into his love but that, she's late because I already am.
I mean no one disturbs me, or bothers me as much as oum kalthum does not even my parents.

Oum kalthum, is the closest friend that I have.
I don't even know what to classify her as, is she my best friend or sister, oum kalthum is much more.
Even though am the only child to Mr. and Mrs. Jabir khulaid. Oum kalthum never gives me the room to feel lonely, or let alone be the only child. She's always there, she's more than family, even labiba and jabir , my parent got oum kalthum her own room in the house.
We go to most of the holiday vacations with her since our childhood.
She's always there with me.
Oum kalthum spend most of her days here, at my house with me.
Most people even think we are sisters and find it hard to believe we aren't related.
she's the second daughter Mr. And Mrs. Jabir khulaid couldn't have.
"Here's your phone jawahir jabir khulaid " mocks oum.
About time, I sigh.
Running across the little space my room has, to get my phone back has exhausted me.

"Ok let's go for dinner Now, actually mum says I should call you, when I saw you all flushed, i instantly forgot what brought me to your room" she said.
Trust oum to say much.
"Ok, tell me would you..." i trailed off taking into her appearance "spend the night here today also as usual "I asked.
"Of course I would" she said lazily.

With that we left for the dinning area.
The dinning room is really simple with bold dinner table and chair, amber colored curtains.
The chandelier is barely a few inches from the table.
The table is all set, and dinner is all ready.
"Assalamu alaikum" mum and Dad.
I greeted but they really seem lost in each other, I really do envy their love.
How they feel and care about which other at this age is magical.
"Mum " I yelled , but mum is still lost in Her husbands eyes , forgetting about the world and us their children whom eyes are on them.
"Hey, jawahir you know what this means ?"says oum kalthum
"Yes" I nod in agreement to oum.

Oum kalthum brought out her phone and started taking pictures of my mum labiba, and dad jabir.

"Hey" scowls mum.
"Shameless kid, you have started" scolds mum distracted by the flash lights as planned.
I squeeze my eyes and pout my mouth giving mum a puppy eyes.
Mum's weakness, she always fall for it.
"Ok now, go eat " says mum point at our seat.
Both I and oum kalthum looked at each other and busted out laughing later joined by both my parents.
We spend the rest of the evening chatting, and teasing each other .
I really love my family , you Hardly find one like mine out there, free with each other and share an endless love and an inseparable bond.
my phone buzz and I smile shyly after having an eye contact with oum kalthum.

I excuse my self before oum kalthum starts teasing me, I mean am not ready to tell mum and Dad about this but oum kalthum kept insisting I let them know before they set an arranged marriage for me.
I know she's right but am not just ready.
I left the dinning room and headed towards the hallway. it was Saif,
Saif my beloved calling.
"Salam" i picked the call.
"Wassalam dear answered" Saif from the other line.
Hearing his voice made me forget every single fight I had with oum kalthum earlier and the world kept on playing a sweet melody to I and my lovers satisfaction.
"So you decided to call me now huh " I scolded.
"Dear I was busy, but i called now, didn't I? "
I shrugged slyly then I remembered he wasn't seeing me . "Who knows"
"Please don't be mad" pleads Saif
"No, I refuse to listen, I am mad at you".
With that I ended the call.

It felt great talking to him even though I made him think other wise.
I actually chatted all day with him, but not hearing his voice made me feel less wanted. So I decided to flash out my anger at him.
My phone kept ringing, but I refused to pick knowing it's saif trying to apologize for his mistakes.
A text came in, it was from him , I kept on blushing after reading it.
Only saif alone knows how to calm me in a second more than any one else.
Even more than labiba and jabir whom are my parents.
I smirk reading the last sentence of the text.

I know You can't stay angry at me for long .. I love you. pls answer my call.

I place my phone on my chest .
Reminiscing about all the good times we spent together and how all our little cruel resolves in a seconds.
Indeed we were made for each other.
The buzz of my phone woke me from my thought.
It was saif.
At least I made him give me 20miss calls now,its enough punishment for a day.
I answered the call and our conversation dive into the pools of love for what seems more than an hour.

"Hey give it back" I yelled as my phone was snatched from my ears.
"Hello, it's oum kalthum , enough love ish, we need to get to collage tomorrow early so jawahir needs to sleep early , I know she won't tell you so am doing her the honours " said oum.
With that oum kalthum disconnected the call.
I am so going to kill her,
"I hate you" I slurred and she poked me.
Arghhh
"I hate you. You always spoil my mood " I deadpan while throwing soft pillows at her.

THANKS FOR READING

Don't forget to;
vote, comment and share.
~With love , C 💋